Content Strategy & SEO

bsantoshk

Bounce rate reduced to 6% in short time

Hi,

My website "www.innominds.com" bounce rate went down from 65% to 5% suddenly. I added Tag manager script. I wanted to know how to bring Bounce rate and analytics to normal

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
morgan4

Hi bsantoshk i also have the same issue with my website  I also added Tag manager script. my qouistion is did you found the viled solultion? if  yes than please share the solution with me. thanks 

0 Upvotes
Ogun-A
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi,

There could be two things.

1) Maybe you have optimized your website as good as you wanted it to be.

2) With installing the Google Tag Manager, your Google Analytics Code could be overwritten by GTM and your GTM Tag could be wrong or is not firing.

Can you please share some more information? Or the current Status?

sparnell

We've seen this happen when Google Analytics is implemented twice on a page or throughout the site. If you've added Google Analytics to Google Tag Manager, then remove the Google Analytics script from your website's header.

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bsantoshk ,

Could you please share some more information such as screenshots of the drop you're seeing and where you see this statistics, so that the Community can better understand the context?

Meanwhile, I've found this external resource: Bounce Rate suddenly drops from 42.02% to 0.31% (Analytics Help)

Seems like your situation is similar to this.

annefreeman
Participant

This can be affected if you recently installed google tag manager, if someone simply visited your website for one second and then scrolled the bounce rate might be changed. Choose your Tag Type, Universal, or Classic. Configure the Tag by adding your Google Analytics tracking code.