Content Strategy & SEO

dbak

Best Practices for Attaching Assets to a Campaign

SOLVE

I'm curious how others go about attaching assets to campaigns. Mainly how they handle follow-up email workflows or things in a campaign that may point to a different campaign. For example, if I have an ebook with a campaign centered around it, obviously, I would attach the landing page, the announcement email, the cta, any soical media post, and everything else that point towards that ebook download. But what about the nurturing workflow that they would be enrolled in after the download that would lead them further down the funnel. They are enrolled in this workflow because of said ebook, but the workflow may include a blog subscription cta in one email, a cta to a different ebook in the next, and maybe even a quote request cta in a third email. So should I attach this workflow to a different campaign or attach each email to the campaign that is most prominent? 

1 Accepted solution
Kristen_Deyo
Solution
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey Dbak,

This is a really great question! In this case, if you're creating a workflow as a lead nurture follow up to your content offer, I would definitely include it in one, unified guide/eBook campaign.

Think of it this way: you've created a premium content offer to help educate your key buyer persona (awesome!). You've used all the inbound best practices you mentioned to help in the promotion of that piece (landing page, CTAs, social media, etc). Once they download that piece, you're using the email workflow to help guide that persona through the buyer's journey. If someone downloads your guide, gets enrolled in the workflow and you have a BOFU email (like a consultation offer or demo request) and they decide to take you up on that, we want to ensure we're attributing that guide/campaign to that action being taken. So definitely include that workflow in your guide campaign, and use a consistent naming convention to help make that clear. Here's an example of what that looks like under HubSpot campaign reporting:

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 9.43.07 AM.png

An example workflow that we've seen work really well with our clients looks a little something like this:

• LN1: Name of Guide - Related resources (ie. related blogs)
  • LN2: Name of Guide - consideration stage content (guide, customer success story)
  • LN3: Name of Guide - BOFU (consultation, demo)
  • LN4: Name of Guide - Break up email (if unresponsive)

If you're looking to learn more, we actually have a free on-demand webinar on using workflows successfully in HubSpot, along with tons of great blogs.

Hope this helps!

Kristen

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Kristen_Deyo
Solution
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey Dbak,

This is a really great question! In this case, if you're creating a workflow as a lead nurture follow up to your content offer, I would definitely include it in one, unified guide/eBook campaign.

Think of it this way: you've created a premium content offer to help educate your key buyer persona (awesome!). You've used all the inbound best practices you mentioned to help in the promotion of that piece (landing page, CTAs, social media, etc). Once they download that piece, you're using the email workflow to help guide that persona through the buyer's journey. If someone downloads your guide, gets enrolled in the workflow and you have a BOFU email (like a consultation offer or demo request) and they decide to take you up on that, we want to ensure we're attributing that guide/campaign to that action being taken. So definitely include that workflow in your guide campaign, and use a consistent naming convention to help make that clear. Here's an example of what that looks like under HubSpot campaign reporting:

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 9.43.07 AM.png

An example workflow that we've seen work really well with our clients looks a little something like this:

• LN1: Name of Guide - Related resources (ie. related blogs)
  • LN2: Name of Guide - consideration stage content (guide, customer success story)
  • LN3: Name of Guide - BOFU (consultation, demo)
  • LN4: Name of Guide - Break up email (if unresponsive)

If you're looking to learn more, we actually have a free on-demand webinar on using workflows successfully in HubSpot, along with tons of great blogs.

Hope this helps!

Kristen

dbak

SOLVE

Thank you, Kristen! This definitely helps.

0 Upvotes