Content Strategy & SEO

MarcoPericci
Contributor

Behavioural nurturing mail automation?

Hi all!

I'm writing this post to collect some infos and ideas about this topic.

We have a strong blog post production and we have set a solid SEO strategy from the beginning.

Our newsletter is also a good channel to collect lead (Name + Mail)..

Now I would like to implement some Mofu actions. One of that is based on mail nurturing, using mail automation tool and strategy.

Do you have some advice on how to do that?

A first idea is to use the webpage visited by newsletter subscriber as trigger to send nurturing mail containing diversified content based on this triggers.

Thanks for your help! 🙂

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Without knowing much about what you are selling or your end goals it's difficult to give a concrete solution. In your case, is that single website page visit enough to make that content in the nurture relevant to them? Should they be taking some actions, or should there be a concurrent sales action happen (ie: phone call, etc.) that should also be a signal to determine whether they are ready to nurture or just fishing for information?  It's really unique to the buying cycle for you and the length of that cycle to determine the what and how you move someone through the pipe.  But with that said, any progress is good progress so if you see this single page visit nurture as part of a larger customer experience path, this could be just what you need to ramp up the conversation for support for a broader nurture initiative.

MarcoPericci
Contributor

Thanks for your reply @Ben_M 

We are a B2b Saas, our customer are SME and we provide a shipping automation platform to manage e-commerce shipments in few clicks and transform logistic operations from a waste of time to an opportunity.

Said that, our sales/marketing is organized to mix phone call, mail and retargeting. In particular, we have splitted our marketing pipeline in 3 sections.

- Aware stage: SEO, bofu ads and newsletter. We have here a tons of content produced in our blog, in social media posts (specially in LinkedIn) that is not so focused in shipping but aimed to capture the attention of SMEs that need to grow. The objective here is to capture lead (mail+name)

- Nurturing stage: here we have Whitepapers, webinar, events and many other blog posts focused on automation, shipping and ecommerce logistic. The aim here is to enrich lead infos with other data like vertical market, phone, ecommerce technologies.

- Act stage: here the phone call and direct email marketing is King. The aim is to book a demo with our account executives

So, as you can see, I think the best place to implement a behavioural nurturing mail automation i in phase 1-2.

Consider that our blog is highly segmented with categories, subcategories and tags and we have classified all our content by topics, funnel stage and other dimension.

I'm wondering if this content segmentation can become the base to send specific mail nurturing sequences diversified by the kind of topic visited by our prospect.

Thanks to all will help with some advice 😉🙂

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

@MarcoPericci - to my earlier post you can certainly setup segments based on content visited and push leads through a nurture in that manner. You can setup a list in Hubspot as your Enrollment Trigger. My earlier question was whether a single web page visit would be enough to trigger someone into your workflow. Using your example of a newsletter subscriber, if I click 2 links in the newsletter and you have nurture workflows setup for different segments, would I be enrolled in two segments, or do my combined visits paint a different picture for me? In this instance, the web page visit might not be enough to help place me into an effectively segmented workflow.

The one thing I would highlight in your funnel is that nurture here is being viewed as a stage. Nurturing is part of the Customer Experience (CX) and should be done throughout the journey, even post sale, because every piece of content you are creating is tied to that journey. It's possible some whitepapers or webinars might be appriopriate for the middle of the funnel, but I would not go as far as saying all content is, or should be tied to the middle of the funnel. Some might work best at the top of the funnel with your advertising while other pieces might work best to help your AE's close deals and should be placed at the bottom of the funnel.