Content Strategy & SEO

LGayazetdinova
Participant

Backlinks relevance

SOLVE

Do the backlinks profile of the website should be human or search engines-oriented when talking about relevance. Should I focus on websites with relevant keywords, title, context around the link etc but without URL traffic and therefore without potential clicks on my link to get technical relevance or on the pages without 100% keyword relevance, but with a high URL traffic rate and relevance of my link for the audience to rank higher on Google?

Or I should focus on both of them?

* The quality of content in both cases is great and human-oriented. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Backlinks relevance

SOLVE

@LGayazetdinova I don't think it has to be a binary choice. I would suggest looking for sites with traffic and keyword relevance. You want authority and technical acumen, along with keyword relevance. If you have to sacrifice a tenant of your strategy, because of resources or a lack of relevant sites to ask for backlinks, I don't find any one tenant more or less important in my research and experience. 

So if you find a site that's perfect in keywords but seems to be low traffic, go for it. Then when you find one that's high traffic but not an exact match to your keyword relevance, go for it. As long as there's related relevance. (Like, don't go to a site that covers cosmetic surgery if your site is selling cat toys). 

Here are a few resources I found that might help with some insight and ideas:

Hopefully that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
danmoyle
Solution

Backlinks relevance

SOLVE

@LGayazetdinova I don't think it has to be a binary choice. I would suggest looking for sites with traffic and keyword relevance. You want authority and technical acumen, along with keyword relevance. If you have to sacrifice a tenant of your strategy, because of resources or a lack of relevant sites to ask for backlinks, I don't find any one tenant more or less important in my research and experience. 

So if you find a site that's perfect in keywords but seems to be low traffic, go for it. Then when you find one that's high traffic but not an exact match to your keyword relevance, go for it. As long as there's related relevance. (Like, don't go to a site that covers cosmetic surgery if your site is selling cat toys). 

Here are a few resources I found that might help with some insight and ideas:

Hopefully that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/