Content Strategy & SEO

LGayazetdinova
Participant

Backlinks for tools

SOLVE

There are many advices on how to write outreach emails and get backlinks for blog content, but very little about how to get backlink for the tools (like text’s plagiarism checkers, tools for extracting audio from video etc). And I have a question regarding this. Are there any insiders’ tips and hacks about how to write outreach emails and get backlinks for tools?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Backlinks for tools

SOLVE

@LGayazetdinova you're looking for information on having a link go to a tool, like linking to HubSpot's Service Hub? Or like to a video editing tool like Camtasia? Those are 2 examples I think of if you're asking about links to tools. 

My advice would be to first ask where the relevant audience is, where they would find the links. Then think about how to get there. Is it a website that's an industry news source? You'd want to develop a relationship with the editors or reporters/writers at the organization. And it's not just "Hey I saw your last article. Will you publish this info?" It's more than transactional. 

Or if you're interested in links through a tool like Help A Reporter Out (HARO), you could find opportunities there to answer questions and include the link possibly. 

Whether it's a link to a blog article or a link to a product, you're asking someone to give you a nod as the expert. I believe either request is built on relationships and a level of expertise. 

Hope that helps some! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Solution

Backlinks for tools

SOLVE

@LGayazetdinova you're looking for information on having a link go to a tool, like linking to HubSpot's Service Hub? Or like to a video editing tool like Camtasia? Those are 2 examples I think of if you're asking about links to tools. 

My advice would be to first ask where the relevant audience is, where they would find the links. Then think about how to get there. Is it a website that's an industry news source? You'd want to develop a relationship with the editors or reporters/writers at the organization. And it's not just "Hey I saw your last article. Will you publish this info?" It's more than transactional. 

Or if you're interested in links through a tool like Help A Reporter Out (HARO), you could find opportunities there to answer questions and include the link possibly. 

Whether it's a link to a blog article or a link to a product, you're asking someone to give you a nod as the expert. I believe either request is built on relationships and a level of expertise. 

Hope that helps some! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Backlinks for tools

SOLVE

Hi @LGayazetdinova,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to invite our SEO experts to our conversation - @webdew@danmoyle, @Anonymous, @DavidDennison@Sam62 - do you have any tips for @LGayazetdinova

Thanks!

Best,
Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !