Content Strategy & SEO

Maxwolters
Contributor

Automatically update concent element on the whole website at once

SOLVE

Hi there.

On multiple pages and blogs we mention the number of years of expertice. At the moment we update this number manually whenever we come across it. It may occur we do not come across it, and so it won't be updated. 

Is there a way to update this number all at once within the content throughout the website. Or is there a possibility to make some kind of calculated element that always shows the correct number (years of expertice)? 

Best Regards,

Max

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @trevordjones, happy to help @Maxwolters 

If the module being used is different per page, but you want to pull the same data in automatically, the best way to do that would be to create a HubDB Table with the data that is updated/centralized and then each module will call the value from HubDB to the page whenever it is republished.

HubDB is a great way to centralize data across your website (think testimonials, stats counters, pricing) - it does require a developer to custom code a solution that will work for your use case though, there's nothing out-of-the-box so to speak.

Personalization tokens as @trevordjones can be used, and they are a good way to create personalized content on your website, there are also some negative ramifications for prerendering/performance so they should be considered carefully.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @trevordjones, happy to help @Maxwolters 

If the module being used is different per page, but you want to pull the same data in automatically, the best way to do that would be to create a HubDB Table with the data that is updated/centralized and then each module will call the value from HubDB to the page whenever it is republished.

HubDB is a great way to centralize data across your website (think testimonials, stats counters, pricing) - it does require a developer to custom code a solution that will work for your use case though, there's nothing out-of-the-box so to speak.

Personalization tokens as @trevordjones can be used, and they are a good way to create personalized content on your website, there are also some negative ramifications for prerendering/performance so they should be considered carefully.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Maxwolters
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the follow up, @trevordjones as well.

I will discuss this with my colleague. 

Best Regards,

Max

trevordjones
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Maxwolters ,

It sounds like you need to create a global module.  Once this global module is created, wherever you add it to the layout it will be the same, and when you edit it in the layout it will be changed everywhere at once.

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Maxwolters
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Trevor,

I will share this option with the content marketer here. I suppose the content where it is mentioned differs throughout the website. Is there a way to make a specific part of content global instead of a module?

Best Regards,

Max

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi @Maxwolters ,

I am not aware of a specific way to have global content in context, such as a text snippet that would be the same in paragraphs that are otherwise different.

You could potentially hack something using a personalization token.  Create a custom property called "Global Content - Leave Blank," and create a global default value for "Global Content - Leave Blank." Then insert "Global Content - Leave Blank" into your body copy using the "personalize" link on your web page. Be sure to check the box to use the global default value, like the below.

2024-02-26 - 09_38_13 - Edit Page _ Erin Cert LP.png

Then, when your content team wants to change this content across the whole website, just edit the global default value for "Global Content - Leave Blank."

Perhaps @Jnix284 has a method that is a little less hacky then this, but I think it would work for you when a global module will not.

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

0 Upvotes