Content Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's your favorite blog and why?

A blog can be an effective marketing (and sales) channel that helps increase your business's visibility online. 

Keeping this in mind, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what an effective blog looks like. Please reply to this post and answer the below questions:

• What's your favorite blog (and why)?
  • Did this blog help you make a decision or take action? If so, what was it?

*To learn more about this, check out the Crafting a Blogging Strategy That Drives Business Growth lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

238 Replies 238
Ikhantareen

I love to read a blog before buying any product online. It helps me to update my knowledge and current market situation about choosing the product and services. My favourite blogs categories are Natural, Organic and Farmers products. 

Guilleriler
Contributor

I agreed with you, but sometimes is annoying when the content of the blog is highly biased, of course, this doesn't happen all the time.  

0 Upvotes
JCoronado78

Honestly I dont read any blog. My wife likes to read a blog called "a cup of Jo" where she reads about interesting topics and discussions about many subjects and relevant news. I think it´s a great tool to share and read different opinions.

Guilleriler
Contributor

Well there we have a prob, your wife is a good example of why we need to have a presence in the blogging community, Good luck with your projects brother. 

0 Upvotes
FJones7

Not sure about a favorite, but I like Seth Godin. He has great insights that he offers with an economy of words. 

In my work with family caregivers taking care of their loved ones, I  appreciate how he manages to engage mind and heart, thought and feeling, and to connect them by reminding me of purpose. He draws me in by quietly demonstrating his knowledge and expertise without shouting, “Look, I’m so smart; hire me!”, and with a unique point of view. 

Simple but not easy! 

0 Upvotes
HolliSperti

My favorite blog as of late is by Jenna Kutcher. Her content is personable and inspiring, but also practical for small business owners and freelancers. Her blog posts on using Pinterest for your business drove me to take her free course on how to use Pinterest more effectively. 

0 Upvotes
Phil0411

"Stuff White People Like" just a nice, light satirical blog to break up the afternoon.

0 Upvotes
FJones7

I just scanned #136 and like it. Didn’t get the references, but in a way, I think that’s the point (I’m black, but I get to peak behind the curtain, so to speak)!

BTW, when he said, “Note: You may notice that all the music from this era is very depressing. Do not worry about it having a negative effect on your party. White people have an amazing ability to get drunk and then all happily sing, in unison, a song about suicide...” I wondered, is that an Irish thing, or broader?

Here in Chi-town (Chicago IL), when you say white, you’re talking about all of Europe - eastern, western, northern and southern, and the food that goes with it! 

0 Upvotes
FJones7

Never heard of it. But with a title like that, I have to check it out. 

Abdurrahman

My faverit blog topic web desine and development, i want to share my knolawge. i don't know proparly how to this.

0 Upvotes
JBerrame
Participant

I Really Love Marie Kondo's Blog ♥, all about decluttering gives me the feels of peace.

0 Upvotes
GSun
Participant

Hostinger's blog, whenever I have technical questions I could almost always find an answer to it.

0 Upvotes
Shareen4Anand

For me it is TechCrunch love reading this blog as it covers the latest news, startups, and innovations in the tech industry.

0 Upvotes
KBrown75

I love to read cooking blogs. The tips, tricks, and recipes help spice up my cooking at home.

0 Upvotes
ashtdub

My favourite blog is buzfeed's blog. I know it's all pop media, but it can be funny, educational, intriging, insightful and I dig it! It's usually easy to read and doesn't have annoying ads popping up everywhere! I'm not much of a blog person otherwise... although I have just started my own. But it's sort of a personal project to practice content writing!

0 Upvotes
BChappell

I love to read blogs about whats going on in my city. From best brunch spots to whats going on in the city council I liked to be informed about my City. 

I follow a couple of different blogs that foucs on different things, but my favroite it the one that gives you updates about activities going on in the city and best places to eat, or go to when visiting. 

0 Upvotes
qebrahym

• Online blogs from "MEDIUM" about technolgy are my favourite due to the dynamic transformation it offers and continuously evolving the world. 
  • Being a marketing influencer , will now implement blog posts to my list.  

0 Upvotes
AShafianjum0987

Good books are my favorite blogs because books guide effectively and in detail towards our goals and we can consult books at any time.

0 Upvotes
CarlesseMims

My favorite blog is the Murillo twins because they portray their everyday life yet still relating to makeup and fashion. Yes they made me want to start my own blog doing the same

MCox6

Family vlogs on YouTube engage their viewers by the friendly warmth of sharing life's experiences.  Some of my favorites include Its the Donnellys, This is How we Bingham, and Royalty Family.  They share positive values and allow comments on their sites.

CarlesseMims

My favorite blog is the Murillo twins because they portray their everyday life yet still relating to makeup and fashion. Yes they made me want to start my own blog doing the same

0 Upvotes