Content Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's your favorite blog and why?

A blog can be an effective marketing (and sales) channel that helps increase your business's visibility online. 

Keeping this in mind, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what an effective blog looks like. Please reply to this post and answer the below questions:

• What's your favorite blog (and why)?
  • Did this blog help you make a decision or take action? If so, what was it?

*To learn more about this, check out the Crafting a Blogging Strategy That Drives Business Growth lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

237 Replies 237
Smindriūnaite

Hi,

I like Retail Insider blog, because it is related to my work and I can find useful and insightful content there.

0 Upvotes
aroy65

Hi, 

I have read some articles on piercings. All are amazing

Back Dimple Piercing

Shen Men Piercing

septum piercing

Ear Piercings

0 Upvotes
dcameron5
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

My favorite blog is Cracked.com. It's pure pleasure reading. Or is it? Cracked dives into topics we all think we know inside and out, and reveals that due to not being taught properly (or at all) in school, or not being reported in the news, or reported with bias, or ignored by the media altogether, and not really discussed at social events, there is a HUGE wealth of knowledge about history, current events, the animal kingdom, human nature/psychology, and other topics that don't really get talked about. The blog has to be taken with a grain of salt because it's a humor blog, and some of the content is made up. But it has changed my mind about a few things. One example is even though I thought I knew the real story of the "discovery" of America (what we now call the United States, that is), I didn't. I was especially appalled that not only did the settlers intentionally wipe out the Native American population and break all kinds of treaties for land, but they brought European diseases that also decimated their population. You don't learn that kind of thing in your U.S. History class in high school. History always bored me, because it was full of minutiae, facts, and figures about United States politics, always focusing on how we become "so great" as a nation. The truth is harder to swallow, and you'll find it, and a lot of other interesting tidbits that can give you wisdom, on Cracked.com

EdgardoSosa

collegeinfogeek.com

nerdfitness.com

nerdwallet.com

I'm starting to notice a trend here...

I like these blogs because they're packed with value to help young people live better lives. They're also written in a compelling way, and this keeps me reading from heading to heading.

Their articles have a strong sense of going somewhere. I love it.

0 Upvotes
UKHelen

I like educational and factual blogs that I can learn from. 

0 Upvotes
Gabby

My favorite blog is ours at www.globerunner.com. I'm spending a lot of time developing it right now. 

VBarnes
Participant

I have just had a look at your blogs and they are very informative and full of interesting tips. Well done 

0 Upvotes
CC473

Favourite blogs are beauty blogs because they tell me what beauty products are currently in trend. 

Yes they help me make a decision in deciding what beauty products are worth buying. 

MRibic

Currently all blogs where i can find great informtion that can help me to learn digital marketing and seo optimization.

0 Upvotes
noemipinoph
Participant

I do love reading personal development, growth mindset, and organization blogs which lead me to start my own blog on that subejcts. 

0 Upvotes
komalsingh20
Participant

Can you suggest any. It would be great help

0 Upvotes
BMirza

At the moment, I am teaching blogging and for me, I follow QZ.com and Cracked.com as they are both fun, and sometimes touch upon business and pop culture.

0 Upvotes
TWright2
Participant

Just wondering why you like them?

0 Upvotes
AswiniK

I mostly like to read book/reading blogs as I am intresed in reading. It helps me discover new books and new genre's that i can be intresed in.

0 Upvotes
BFerguson
Participant

https://www.marketingprofs.com/resources/

This is an excellent resource for all things marketing. They provide thousands of helpful resources and are continually updated.

0 Upvotes
MÇarşısı

Thanks for the sharing.

ABD asgari ücret

0 Upvotes
mhzrandy
Participant

I will love to read blog about digital marketing

0 Upvotes
ALasterKing

I like to read fashion and lifestyle blogs

JOlusoji

I love to read about digital marketing blogs on Hubspot because the information are quiet detailed and impeccable. 

aroy65

I love to read Healthiermn

There are many Interesting blogs How long does Cooked Chicken last in the Fridge?

SWinn21

I tend to read a lot of writing, finance, and business blogs, but I also admittedly read a few local parenting blogs, too. My favourite is one called Mudpie Fridays, which provides ideas and inspiration for children under 5 (relevant to the age group of my own) and provides guides on helpful topics surrounding family like such as holidays or gift giving. I think it's an effective blog in that it helps inspire purchases and ideas for family life. It must be a financial asset to the owner, as they often publish sponsored posts which I'm not alone in making purposes as a result of.