Content Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's your favorite blog and why?

A blog can be an effective marketing (and sales) channel that helps increase your business's visibility online. 

Keeping this in mind, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what an effective blog looks like. Please reply to this post and answer the below questions:

• What's your favorite blog (and why)?
  • Did this blog help you make a decision or take action? If so, what was it?

*To learn more about this, check out the Crafting a Blogging Strategy That Drives Business Growth lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

238 Replies 238
SWinn21

I tend to read a lot of writing, finance, and business blogs, but I also admittedly read a few local parenting blogs, too. My favourite is one called Mudpie Fridays, which provides ideas and inspiration for children under 5 (relevant to the age group of my own) and provides guides on helpful topics surrounding family like such as holidays or gift giving. I think it's an effective blog in that it helps inspire purchases and ideas for family life. It must be a financial asset to the owner, as they often publish sponsored posts which I'm not alone in making purposes as a result of.

EG1998

I love Happiful Magazine blogs - they're about positive mental health and well-being. I often take action because they're full of tips and hacks for self-imporvement. 

PriyaAnand_

I mostly like to read about health and wellness. To be very specific, I love haircare blogs. I can't remember the exact name but it was of an Indian woman who managed to reverse her greying process. I truly love her content. 

Singhria

I usually read blogs about marketing, SEO and writing which all are essential to my niche. 

NPalekar

I love reading BuzzFeed blogs; they are simple, dynamic, interactive, and comprehensive. these blogs explore the infotainment aspect of the content. 

wecareyou

I like the niche for health & wellness blogs as I am a healthcare professional which strives for healthy living style

C1014
Participant

I love craftiblog besides hubspots blogs. My reason for enjoying craft log is her blogs are simple but yet effective. They give me encouragement that I’m not so crazy 😜 I’m trying to use my art as a business.
FMitchell

I like Neil Patel's blog. The articles are kind of long, but there's a lot of good stuff about marketing and SEO.

EOutlaw

I don't really have a favorite, but I tend to gravitate to lifestyle blogs and blogs about writing.
EEze

Jerryjenkins.com

It's a treasure trove on the secrets of writing.

dhruvkantak30
Participant

https://bloggerspassion.com/how-to-make-money-online-in-india/ This is my favourite blog as I find it very detailed and informative and at the same time it's quite easy to understand and grasp

HARSHENDRAMEHT

I love a blog called YourStory.com which shares insightful personalized stories of people who bring change to society, business and elsewhere. I like it because it helps me to know different personalities and what they do. 

It helped me start up with my own blog which helps creating mental health awareness in India.  

JT20
Member | Platinum Partner
Member | Platinum Partner

My fav blog is by a German lady in her 20's named Elea. Eleas blogs helped me make a decision about if studying abroad in Germany is what I actually wanted. 

AprilDMiller

I love Who Gives a **bleep**'s Blog . They're all about sustainable toilet paper company and the blog is a nice mix of humor and what social initiatives they are working on. I think it's a great tool to increase customer loyalty. 

TWright2
Participant

They don't collect email subscribers. Huh. I guess a blog doesn't have to, but I was going to follow them. 

0 Upvotes
TWright2
Participant

Hi April, I had a look at that blog and I see what you mean. I mean, it's bright and feels enthusiastic. I think it's the best tip I got through reading through the entries here on the hubspot 'what's your favorite blog' stream. The writing's nice and easy-going withough working too hard at being nice and easy-going. 

0 Upvotes
VKamau

My favourite blog is informational and educative

Zeebra
Participant

I'm really thankful for finding HubSpot. You led me to https://brit.co where I got so inspired to start my own blog and learning daily from your resources and your community. So thankful. 

AnnaliseHartley

I was recently introduced to Dave Gerhardt's blog and have found great articles there. 

RocioMote
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

My favorite blog is http://reddelbuencomer.blogspot.com/, because has good tips

Ruturaj

https://voltagecoffee.com/

Technically not a blog, but it has immense information for a coffee aficionado! I can feel it with atleast 3 senses while I read their content 😅