Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's your creative process?

Having a process also allows you to think of ideas that may not be easily apparent. What's one thing you do to help come up with new ideas? How can you incorporate this into a repeatable framework (for yourself as well as those you collaborate with)?

*To learn more about this, check out the Generating Content Ideas lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

2,263 Replies 2,263
SKYWALKER1

I take a bath 

0 Upvotes
Feyikemizita
Participant

Just being on my own and think of a similar situation or relatable story and add the unimaginable and just get an idea 

0 Upvotes
BNIdera

Very similar to the one described in the video. Get some material in my brain. Think about it. Get away and stop consciously thinking about it — something I call the mental slow cooker. And then wait for the idea or come back to it. I have had moments of stress before where, "Oh man, I have no ideas" and I've always found getting some raw material "into the hopper" is most always the antidote.

0 Upvotes
lysar0s3

My creative process involves a mix of structured brainstorming and free-flowing ideation. One thing I do to come up with new ideas is to regularly engage in activities outside of my usual routine, such as going for walks, reading diverse content, or exploring new hobbies. These experiences often spark inspiration and lead to fresh perspectives.

0 Upvotes
BDuVinay

When I need new ideas , I try to cut myself from everyone , and try to do nothing and after some time I just try to think and when I get a niche for myself , I try to think more on it and find out something from that time .

0 Upvotes
SMuhammadNaqi

When I need new ideas, I do research, read similar content and then organize it. Also, I give myself time to allow the information to sink and my mind to process the information. 

0 Upvotes
SChakraborty88

i am not very creative - but now i hope to beocme adter reading Young's 4 step process

0 Upvotes
Kente

Research other creators, write down some ideas and then try to come up with mine

0 Upvotes
tkbrempong

I pick insights from books, videos (youtube) and connect the dots

0 Upvotes
SRINIVASD
Participant

I think One thing I do is write it down on a piece of paper or on google dos, sublime text and save for later
also note the date and time (for reference)
Also I corelating these ideas  and forming something new.

0 Upvotes
duyanh

I come up with new ideas primarily from others social media posts, i recreate it to be more creative and more interesting. I collected small pieces and form each and try to remake it into a better version. And taking a shower also a way which helps me to pop up new ideas.

0 Upvotes
CObiziem

Ideas comes to me when I'm not thinking of the problem. There was a customer case I was trying to resolve but couldn't think of the best resolution to give, then I left and went to cooking in the process an idea popped up and I quickly wrote it in my notebook.

0 Upvotes
ADubey0
Participant

My creative ideas are a mix of competitors' content and my creativity generated new content with my creative touch.

0 Upvotes
Junaid1

I have an idea to write something on the career counselor of the students. and also some thing on how to identify your skills . regarding your intrest field.

0 Upvotes
Vivi123

I like to consume lots of content and as part of that I've started compiling all the research into a doc and categorising it to look for trends, common challenges that the audience wants to overcome. This helps with ideas and creative process of copywriting. Reviewing existing content can help get ideas for content topics and opportunities to repurpose content. For example - I've turned blog content into short form, carousel social post for tax time tips. Repurposing content can be a great way to reach different audiences and platforms and also improve engagement. For instance whitepaper social post in Jan, using a video to present info plus whitepaper link doubled engagement in May social post. 

0 Upvotes
SarahFA

I always come up with ideas while I'm taking a shower, listening to a podcast, or driving. I hadn't figured out how my ideas were made until I watched the video of the ideation process! 

0 Upvotes
ARussell16

I like to read, color, crochet, hike, and sometimes just exist. Conversations with my brother always get things spinning - so random.

0 Upvotes
AnamVakil

My Creative process is:

• I read a lot, and that helps me to generate new ideas.
  • I look for ongoing trends and other content creators work to get some inspiration.
  • I also get new ideas while doing my household chores.
  • Sometimes Ideas come to my mind when I am just resting
0 Upvotes
KClarke13

I like to review content and peruse that of other sites to determine what could be pertinent/relatable to the company subject matter or goals/initiatives. 

This is easily replicable through consistent content review and exploring new pages. 

0 Upvotes
EAustin8

Sometimes my best ideas come in the early morning hours before the alarm goes off. If there has been something on my mind, sleep is often the thing that helps bring it to the forefront in a new and dynamic way. However, the way to get my brain processing in the background is to ask myself questions and find someone that is willing to engage in a discussion about those questions. Curiosity as a discipline helps with this. Reading the news, reading books (fiction included), listening to podcasts, staying engaged with social media, following up on new ideas/topics, and having deep (and at times challenging) disucssions with friends and colleagues are all ways I seek to stay curious.