Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's your creative process?

Having a process also allows you to think of ideas that may not be easily apparent. What's one thing you do to help come up with new ideas? How can you incorporate this into a repeatable framework (for yourself as well as those you collaborate with)?

*To learn more about this, check out the Generating Content Ideas lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

2,160 Replies 2,160
TTwins

I agree

0 Upvotes
QHorton

I like to listen to real life stories that my friends or associates tell and tie their stories into my content. 

0 Upvotes
anshu2425

I make sticky notes whenever any idea come up to me so wherever I move I can relate the idea and the process.It helps me in so many ways

0 Upvotes
EWidén
Participant

I always try to be quick to write down my ideas somewhere and review them later. Once they are written down its like my unconcoius processes it. If i have a brilliant idea and dont write it down, I will most likley end up forgetting it. This could be puti nto a framework in a workplace where brainstorming in welcomed and encouraged and that all ideas are worth writing down. 

0 Upvotes
Damilola001

I am an introvert, so I spend a lot time in my own head and that's when ideas start to pop up. I also tend to have so many eureka moments but I don't stop there. Once I get an idea, i research about it on google, books, youtube and other social media platforms to gather information and learn more about it. I write down things a lot in my journal so i make sure to write down my ideas and thoughts for later refrence. I started going to gym recently and a lot of people have said they get ideas from working out and I look forward to that if that works for me too. Music (Hip-pop/Rap) is also a big part of my process, It gives me so much insight.

0 Upvotes
SRana47

One thing I do to generate new ideas is brainstorming. I jot down any thoughts or concepts that come to mind without judging them. Then, I organize and refine these ideas into a list. To incorporate this into a repeatable framework, I can schedule regular brainstorming sessions. I'll invite collaborators to join, encouraging them to share their ideas freely. We can use tools like whiteboards or online collaboration platforms to capture and organize our thoughts. By making brainstorming a routine, we can consistently generate innovative ideas to fuel our content creation process.

aafiyarg

My creative ability comes from my introvert personality. I'm usually the one in the crowd to sit back and listen, observe, analyze and contemplate while others are busy voicing out their opinions. I pay attention to recurring patterns of human behavior and conflicts of the world. Generating ideas is not my intention but when I lay down for sleep, a series of eureka moments gush forward like water springs. It's true what the instructor explained about the unconscious processing of the mind. The more you pay attention to problems with a solver attitude, solutions will flow into your mind. 

0 Upvotes
ZPattison4

Exercise really get my creative juices flowing. When I feel like I have hit a wall, an intense run or bike often times does a lot of good to help generate new ideas

Salmaafisabila

I usually do research on the internet and look for various articles and posts. I also scroll through social media, looking for photos and videos. Visiting a place or event sometimes will give me an idea. Or when I'm commuting, I like to see the road and the street, and then suddenly the idea will pop into my mind. Talking to someone new or just talking to friends will give me a new perspective that will turn into an idea. 

When the idea comes to me, I will write it down or talk about it, and explain it to someone else as soon as possible. Therefore, when I make a repeatable framework, I will give a general topic that aligns with the goal or event first, then add notes for specific topics along the way when an idea comes. 

0 Upvotes
1303sia

Whenener it feels like I'm short of ideas, the one place i go to is the gym. Usually, after an hour of intens workout, ideas begin to pop-up in my mind during my yoga/stretching session.

On occassions when I am unable to go to the gym, taking a walk while listening to cool music, also helps me.

JVICENTE9

first i think in a idea, then i develop that idea to the point that it transforms into a concept, then i show it to different people to see their point of view and finally with all the feedback that i got i work that concept until i get happy with it

0 Upvotes
janbalan

My creative process mostly starts with walking, reading and music. Once these things go inside mind, there wil be a great relaxation and ideas will automatically align in mind.

0 Upvotes
JThapa7

I like to read as much as I can then write down all the ideas in bullets points that comes to my mind. This help me to get clear picture and also to remember.

jmcuadros
Participant

I start to walk and then I project a big screen in front of me with the things that just come to my mind and then I connect all the points with my hands as if I have an Apple Vision Pro on, but I call this action, the "visual keyboard". It helps me a lot to have a clear view of many thoughts!

0 Upvotes
PBen-Okoro
Contributor

Things I love to do to help my creative process is workout! While i burn my muscles and work on my body ideas come to me indefinitely. Then if I have opportunity i can talk with enlightened minds and share those ideas or add to them from the little pep talk and what comes out of it.

0 Upvotes
CBaggett9

Talking with other people for different viewpoints

EKT_Creatives

Two main things that help me develop ideas are exploring and reading different things. I love reading so I can read as many books imaginable including personal development to romance. I found many great ideas by being active on social media and reading different blog posts. 

0 Upvotes
JLuke7
Participant

I have always read as much as I can, even when I am not always interested in the content. If I am looking at a print magazine or newspaper I will rip out the pages of interest and put them in an 'old-fashioned' swipe file to look at later. These are usually pieces that validate a current belief or process, spur an idea or teach me something new. I will read most of the articles, giving more attention to the ones that truly interest me, but also skimming the articles that I am not interested in or that even bore me!  I feel like there is someting to be gained, especially going out of your interest zone. I also keep colored tab markers or cut up post-it notes to mark pages in books. Sometimes when I read over the items that I saved or marked I no longer remember why they were 'remarkable' but I still find value in the overall process.

livamkr

One thing I do to generate new ideas is regular brainstorming sessions. I jot down all ideas without judgment, then refine the most promising ones. To make this a repeatable process, I schedule regular brainstorming sessions with clear objectives and guidelines for participation, ensuring consistent creativity from myself and collaborators.

CEzike

I take a nap! This is one way that helps me stay on track. Sometimes a cold shower helps. Having a gossip time with friends also gets my groove going.