Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's your creative process?

Having a process also allows you to think of ideas that may not be easily apparent. What's one thing you do to help come up with new ideas? How can you incorporate this into a repeatable framework (for yourself as well as those you collaborate with)?

*To learn more about this, check out the Generating Content Ideas lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

2,170 Replies 2,170
AzharFareed

Having a process allows me to think of ideas easily but sometimes I ran out of ideas. In that case, I would love to take a walk, go outside and take a cup of tea and sometimes I ask my friends and colleagues to help me out of this. I always took note when an idea came to mind. 

0 Upvotes
DrTaiwo
Participant

My ideas are generated majorly by consistent consumption of contents. The content are of different varieties of topics either good or bad. 

I also generate content ideas from movies especially american fictional movies. 

0 Upvotes
NDCao

When it first comes to a subject, I take my time to completely comprehend the phrase. When these ideas come to mind, I would then jot down as many as I could. I would adore taking a walk, running, or doing something soothing if I ran out of ideas. I would always carry a notebook while doing this in case something new occurred. I would then return and conduct additional research on my ideas after my walk. Additionally, I would love to speak with my friends or colleagues to get their opinions.

0 Upvotes
MBeard7

I do my best to learn as much as I can when I can. I will be watching a show and have an idea that is derived from the show that would work for a project I am working on. My brain is malleable by what it takes in and that translates when it comes to crafting new branding and content ideas. By creating a consistent schedule, I could more effectively incorporate this practice.

0 Upvotes
SammyE14

I love to be alone and understand nature and to think whats around me

0 Upvotes
NIsrael1
Participant

I love been alone in a quiet place for the generation of ideas.

0 Upvotes
Aisha-Bello

researching as much as possible and having people read my work 

0 Upvotes
ARovderová

Researching and asking for other's opinions. 

0 Upvotes
AKaiser6

Research and finding inspiration are key. Then, I save all of what I think is useful in a word document and start brainstorming. I think it should definitely be incorporated into a framework since it can take a long time.

0 Upvotes
Paolo-B
Contributor

If I were to do it alone, the process varies for me. Most of the time, it is spontaneous. So when I sit down to intentionally extract a creative idea, most of the time my head is empty. So my solution is to sit down with somebody to brainstorm with. Reading and researching before doing so also helps a lot.

0 Upvotes
SalmaEhab

Reasearch, research and more research. Looking for insights and inspiration really goes a long way for me. 

0 Upvotes
komal9_0_

Hii

0 Upvotes
SAhmed54

My creative process:

1. Researching - asking questions

2. Finding inspiration - from books, art, music, existing content, etc. 

3. Resting - staying away from anything related to my goals

4. Ideating - brainstorming and combining all the ideas I picked up

5. Deciding - on which ones to keep, develop, and implement

6. Creating - executing my decisions and revising

0 Upvotes
MCox6

I couldn't have written it better.  We have our own ways of being creative.  Sometimes the best ideas happen from accidents-serendipity.

0 Upvotes
MBaruah

I follow a decent process for me to discover an idea and to find out any solutions whenever I feel out. 

I start with reading and watching video contents and extract the valuable insights, after that I go out to a quiet place or into the haert of nature where ther's no men around, where I can see and feel the nature only. That helps in keeping me mind refreshed and slowly I find my answers there. 

It really works for me and I have applied this multiple times.

0 Upvotes
mrblg

My creative process:

1. Researching - asking questions

2. Finding inspiration - from books, art, music, existing content, etc. 

3. Resting - staying away from anything related to my goals

4. Ideating - brainstorming and combining all the ideas I picked up

5. Deciding - on which ones to keep, develop, and implement

6. Creating - executing my decisions and revising

0 Upvotes
MWeir

Read everything, listen to podcasts, go for long runs, intentionally attend to background details in movies and shows, then run and take notes and have deep conversations with diverse thinkers.

0 Upvotes
JQLAP
Participant

This is definitely an area to think about and revisit. I never analise my creative process. Seems like I should.

I guess first I have a will or a desire for something. Then I start my "solution process" which is how to achieve that goal. Then research may follow and then ideas start flowing until one or a few get put into action to deliver the desired goal

0 Upvotes
AZammett
Contributor

My creative process involves:

• Reading articles
  • Watching videos related to topics I'm interested in
  • Asking tons of questions (I ask experts, business owners consumers etc. )
  • Rest and let myself process all the information I recieved
0 Upvotes
GFitzjohn
Participant

Just as stated, I talk and ask loads of questions... what if? Why doesn't? Should it be?

0 Upvotes
Divya1005
Participant

I tend to look at similar material to the topic I'm looking at and try to find topics that are less explored. I also tend to read facts in new articles or on social media and research more based on whatever sounds interesting.

It is great to understand about the ideation process and how I can use it to my advantage.

0 Upvotes