Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's your creative process?

Having a process also allows you to think of ideas that may not be easily apparent. What's one thing you do to help come up with new ideas? How can you incorporate this into a repeatable framework (for yourself as well as those you collaborate with)?

*To learn more about this, check out the Generating Content Ideas lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

2,202 Replies 2,202
LElijah
Participant

Before this lesson, i just search randomly on google until i finally get what i'm looking for, i hardly check more than two or three sites and that has limited my idea generation and also my content value.

From now henceforth, i'll start by reading vastly, downloading materials to learn more about my target, discuss some of this with my partners to know what they also think about it

0 Upvotes
Phung_Mai
Participant

I always search on google and social media to find ideas. Sometimes, it comes from conversation with friends and colleagues.

Nana1

I focus on every detail of my life, what happens, what do these mean and then I use braindump to write all my ideas that are unexpected and incredible

SKeane
Participant

My life experience has also inspired content ideas for me.
DMcWaters

Going on a walk to clear my mind always helps my process!

LElijah
Participant

I've tried this countless times, it just doesn't work, i think a lot, so blanking my mind from an existing problem is always hard 

0 Upvotes
JoshMiK

We've been using braindumps, but in an almost "speed dating" environment. A team of 5 has 3 minutes to write down all ideas onto a piece of paper. Once the time is up, each piece of paper is passed to the left and the next 3 minutes starts. During this time, participants are encouraged to jot down new ideas or expand on the ideas already on the page. I've found it works well, especially for junior team members who may be reluctant to voice their ideas in a verbal brainstorm. 

DarleneB
Contributor

I am still in the phaae of 'necessity is the mother of invention'.

My posts have only been addressing the immediate problems that are presented. However, I am looking forward to implementing the planning techniques that will allow me to holostically create and engage a larger target audience.

0 Upvotes
Fadeelah
Contributor

So far, I've been the inspiration kind...

Maybe I was reading a book or an article and it suddenly occurred to me that, "Hey, I could turn this into something."

Or I look into my personal experience with the subject and see what I can find that would benefit my audience. 

Either way, they're not the most efficient methods when you need these ideas more frequently. Oh, and you need them to not be about you...but about the people you set out to serve.

I'm glad I've finally found an easy and intentional number of ways to do produce quality ideas relevant to my audience--and with no limits! 

tienthanh597
Participant

To boost my ideas, I usually stand up, get some fresh air, do some light exercises, take a cool shower, listen to music (any kind that I enjoy at that moment) and watch something funny. These actions help my brain so relaxing for the upcoming unexpecting new ideas.

0 Upvotes
PATL13

I usually spend my free time on finding new songs and reading books or blogs.
0 Upvotes
Hailinh

Podcasts help me come up with the ideas about minimalism, self growth myself .I usually listen to podcast in the morning with a cup of coffee in order to have a energy day. Moreover , I use while boards to note the inspirational quotes, good lesson , and new various ideas . I think that it is the best way to develop my life skill  and content creations. 

Tú
Participant

I usually listen to podcasts on morning routine or when I have free time to come up with my idea. I use sticky notes on my phone and my lab to wrote down all things which I come up with. And I think it's the best way to help me keep my mind and my idea for creating content.

0 Upvotes
GSteensgaard

I am a huge journaler, list-maker, and whiteboard doodler - my favorite work tool is my iPad and the Notability app. Once I get a good list or idea-web going, I go for a walk or a run or some other activity that takes me completely away from it before reaching that "eureka" moment or revisiting for some more brainstorming. I love the combination of brain and body exercise! To make this into a more repeatable framework, I would aim to establish this into a routine with a high level of organization & compilation of ideas --> waking up in the morning nice and fresh, sitting down with my iPad and a cup of coffee, writing & compiling, and then going for a walk/run before delving into the rest of my to-do list. 

MOmoruan
Participant

I listen to my favorite music for a good 5-10 minutes while scrolling through my social media feed. Usually, I find an idea through a friend's post, sponsored post, or even a story or two. 

0 Upvotes
TMilsap
Contributor

One thing I do to help come up with new ideas is to write the goal of the idea down and then walk away from it for a little while. Sometimes I am not able to focus on the new idea to give a clear and valid response.  I like to look at the new idea from several angles listing the pros and cons.  I think that it is best to propose the new idea proposition if you know that the discussion ahead of time is to initially share the goal of the new idea to everyone before the gathering to collaborate--that way, when everyone meets that the meeting is more goal minded toward the decision and everyone has had a moment to bring something to the table.

MKorta

I love to brainstorm with others to get meaningful ideas and suggestions for the content I am creating

Mayank2

Brainstorm is Exceptional!!
AlyaaEzzat
Participant

Content marketing has a highly powerful authority.
0 Upvotes
xortega
Participant

Social listening is a great source of ideas.

Camilafontana
Participant

I often research the same topic in different languages, particularly on reputable news sources in these countries. I get so many angles that way. You don't need to be fluent, Google Translator does the trick.