Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Professor de Inbound
Professor de Inbound

What's your creative process?

Having a process also allows you to think of ideas that may not be easily apparent. What's one thing you do to help come up with new ideas? How can you incorporate this into a repeatable framework (for yourself as well as those you collaborate with)?

*To learn more about this, check out the Generating Content Ideas lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

2.169 Respostas 2.169
Tú
Participante

I usually listen to podcasts on morning routine or when I have free time to come up with my idea. I use sticky notes on my phone and my lab to wrote down all things which I come up with. And I think it's the best way to help me keep my mind and my idea for creating content.

0 Avaliação positiva
GSteensgaard
Membro

I am a huge journaler, list-maker, and whiteboard doodler - my favorite work tool is my iPad and the Notability app. Once I get a good list or idea-web going, I go for a walk or a run or some other activity that takes me completely away from it before reaching that "eureka" moment or revisiting for some more brainstorming. I love the combination of brain and body exercise! To make this into a more repeatable framework, I would aim to establish this into a routine with a high level of organization & compilation of ideas --> waking up in the morning nice and fresh, sitting down with my iPad and a cup of coffee, writing & compiling, and then going for a walk/run before delving into the rest of my to-do list. 

MOmoruan
Participante

I listen to my favorite music for a good 5-10 minutes while scrolling through my social media feed. Usually, I find an idea through a friend's post, sponsored post, or even a story or two. 

0 Avaliação positiva
TMilsap
Colaborador(a)

One thing I do to help come up with new ideas is to write the goal of the idea down and then walk away from it for a little while. Sometimes I am not able to focus on the new idea to give a clear and valid response.  I like to look at the new idea from several angles listing the pros and cons.  I think that it is best to propose the new idea proposition if you know that the discussion ahead of time is to initially share the goal of the new idea to everyone before the gathering to collaborate--that way, when everyone meets that the meeting is more goal minded toward the decision and everyone has had a moment to bring something to the table.

MKorta
Membro

I love to brainstorm with others to get meaningful ideas and suggestions for the content I am creating

Mayank2
Membro

Brainstorm is Exceptional!!
AlyaaEzzat
Participante

Content marketing has a highly powerful authority.
0 Avaliação positiva
xortega
Participante

Social listening is a great source of ideas.

Camilafontana
Participante

I often research the same topic in different languages, particularly on reputable news sources in these countries. I get so many angles that way. You don't need to be fluent, Google Translator does the trick. 

NadiaMonc
Participante

That`s exactly what i do. It is really helpful. 

0 Avaliação positiva
BCornally
Colaborador(a)

Check ideas around, from competitors and Internet, social media content

0 Avaliação positiva
YOrtiz8
Membro

Those are great ideas. I am impressed. 

0 Avaliação positiva
dearadiah
Membro

I search for what I'm looking to write about and go on the suggestions

0 Avaliação positiva
RLederman
Membro

I have a pretty standard process for the industries I work/have worked in (higher ed and healthcare). If I'm given a general topic but no angles, I do some preliminary research/social listening to see both what the latest news on the topic is as well as what the target audience wants to know/may be struggling with. I also look for content gaps -- angles that competitors may not have covered that would be beneficial to the audience. This helps me come up with different angles to approach the topic from.

If I'm not given a topic, I do the same thing, but I start one step further back and use initial the research/social listening stage to see what topics are new/being discussed/in need of content before I then hone in on the angles.

Cristina24
Membro

Hey there Kara - hope all is well!

I was wondering if you or anyone on the forum can bring some insights on this topic:

Who is typically involved in the creative process? Do you involve other functions (SEO, Paid, Business Development, Outreach, PMs, etc) or just the copywriters?  What are some of the best practices there? 

Thank you! 

0 Avaliação positiva
MPoynton
Participante

Life... TV, ads, online, social... conversations. 

0 Avaliação positiva
JenMalins
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

I like to gather lots of information from various sources and then walk away from it to let my brain process it in the "background." I'll often come up with ideas when I'm not trying, especially when I'm doing the dishes or some other mindless activity. Sometimes, I wake up in the morning with the solution. I'm most creative in the morning, so I try not to have meetings during that time unless they are brainstorming sessions. I'm more analytical in the afternoons but less creative, so that's when I edit and do administrative tasks.

0 Avaliação positiva
JulieDao
Participante

Almost all ideas come from my dream, my entertainment channels such as TV shows, movies, music lyrics, read books, etc., and also stories that I listening in daily life from others people. That so I often practice myself in the habit of observing and listening to create a lot of inspiration to built personas. Moreover, I spent time surfing social media to got more ideas during writing. 

I set up all of this to become a to-do list every day and take note ideas when it comes from in my brain so I can't do without couple paper + pen or simply Note on the smartphone.

0 Avaliação positiva
hdouchemane
Membro

reading/writing.

I can incorporate this into a repeatable framework by sharing my ideas with the team.

0 Avaliação positiva
nicnonnious
Membro

Ideas come to me when I read articles
0 Avaliação positiva
SShaikh6
Membro

I sit quietly in a room with no distractions and let my mind flow in its own direction. It starts to think about the recent movie I watched or  the recent book I read, or even a person I met. my mind digs a little deeper and searches for an inspiration from them. Thats how I generate my content ideas.