Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's your creative process?

Having a process also allows you to think of ideas that may not be easily apparent. What's one thing you do to help come up with new ideas? How can you incorporate this into a repeatable framework (for yourself as well as those you collaborate with)?

*To learn more about this, check out the Generating Content Ideas lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

2,192 Replies 2,192
nicnonnious

Ideas come to me when I read articles
0 Upvotes
SShaikh6

I sit quietly in a room with no distractions and let my mind flow in its own direction. It starts to think about the recent movie I watched or  the recent book I read, or even a person I met. my mind digs a little deeper and searches for an inspiration from them. Thats how I generate my content ideas.

Carokidd

Taking walks really helps me come up with ideas. It's also good for me to read books and then write down ideas as they come to me. 

RTakunda

i just look up for the material of things inclined to what i want to online, pintrest 

0 Upvotes
HTranThiThu
Participant

I tend to listening acoustic songs which help me refresh my headspace to spark new ideas. Even I hang out to immerse nature if i have a plenty of time 

AliSan
Participant

Some of the methods touched on in the lesson are my current go-tos, like the people also ask section and checking out competitors.  Ask the Public is one I recently started using and it's very helpful for expanding on certain topics

0 Upvotes
FShah
Participant

To generate new ideas i use to continuously think about the topic of the content like i put up many questions regarding the topic in my mind and i think of the answers as if i have to teach a person who know nothing about the topic.
AWatkins24
Participant

When I am browsing on Instagram I tend to pay close attention to all types of ads, whether I am interested in the product or not, and I save ones that have elements that I believe can be incorporated in my own advertising, which I sometimes share with my colleagues. Going forward, I can set aside time to be more intentional about looking for ads on multiple platforms for inspiration as part of my Gathering Raw Material step in the Ideation Process

0 Upvotes
LyanneFisher

I start by looking through pinterest and look for ideas on Answer the public. From there, I start developing my strategy for that month.

0 Upvotes
StanSamples

When I brainstorm solo, I have to get away from your normal work space...somewhere you can think out loud, unrestrained, away from any distractions, cellphones, people.

0 Upvotes
RCameron

I go on to social media platforms to see what's trending/ to get inspiration. However often I get random ideas popping into my head. 

0 Upvotes
bunnypareja
Participant

Listening to calm music helps me think new ideas!

0 Upvotes
Susu3
Contributor

Normally, I usually go out and see around the world and engage with my problem to find out the new ideas

0 Upvotes
BhaskarBisht
Contributor

Reading several book regarding the topic aur getting help from articles being a source of generating new ideas.
0 Upvotes
TMendoza

I love researching ideas that other companies have done. Once I have that framework, I can start thinking about what works, what doesn't work, and what new ideas I can bring to turn it into something original.

0 Upvotes
MPasillas
Participant

Research. I do a lot of research online and somehow I always come up with ideas based on my findings. The idea not be related to the research results but it always leads to something. 

0 Upvotes
GMunch

I keep a sketchbook of both writing and drawing. I make little infographics, lists, or however I'm able to get an idea down. A lot of times I forget a thought that I had earlier in the process. So having a book I can flip back through helps as I can revisit earlier ideas. It ends up building off itself to reach completely new ideas. 

0 Upvotes
AlyaaEzzat
Participant

I find taking a quick shower helps me come up with a new ideas

0 Upvotes
HMS

I enjoy creating mood/vision boards with links to different content that might help spark ideas. Milanote is one of my favorite tools since I can visually see and move through related content from others. Then I can draw lines to notes I create regarding the content. This helps me continue to build upon my ideas by stacking through the content and notes. 

0 Upvotes
phall428
Participant

Most of my ideas come from conversation, interactions with others on social media or regular problems I face day to day. I tend to write down everything and think of ways to solve these problems. 

0 Upvotes
Ichie
Contributor

I consume content a lot. On social media, especally Instagram, I'm always looking for a wide variety of content. Sometimes, in line with my field. This sparks my creative juices. 

0 Upvotes