Content Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's your #1 content strategy tip?

We believe knowledge and ideas should be shared often. That's how we, together, transform the way the world does business. Now that you've learned how to create a content strategy, what advice would you give to someone looking to get started?

If you see a suggestion you like, then give it an upvote and add a new one.

**Is this your first time visiting the Content Marketing Study Group? If so, click here to get started

202 Replies 202
MLuke123

Understand your target audience at different stages of the process, and speak directly to them using relatable language. Be sincere and authentic. Develop relationships, not transactions.  

McChester
Contributor

I am actually going to share 5 :).

This is for me to also review the 5 top learning points of this course.

1. Know your target - what is the main goal? Keep this list of goals under 5.

2. Turn this target into a SMART goal. 

3. Audit available data, content, buyer persona, and channels used.

4. Create a list of content ideas that branch from your goal.

5. Schedule, post on a consistent basis, and track progress.

VICTOROSE
Participant

Design your buyer persona, set SMART goals, know your metrics and create contents that will help you achieve your goals.

0 Upvotes
SubhanaYasin

Optimize content for different channels. Test and experiment to see what works. Set SMART goals. Share your goals and outcomes with your teams and organization. Listen to your customers. 

0 Upvotes
CMatthews9

My favorite content strategy tip is knowing your target audience and determining which platform to best reach them. Understanding your target audience will make it easier to talk about how your product and/or service will provide a solution for them and getting them to go through the buyer's journey eventually considering buying from you.

0 Upvotes
ASalvetti

Set Smart goals, define your audience, your area of expertise (to develop quality content), evaluate your resources/budget, and define your KPIs. 

0 Upvotes
SYupanquiSara

my advice is thinking about quality content to generate strong ties with your audience

0 Upvotes
DCornerddebbie
Participant

The content strategy course is worth every detail, learnt a whole lot.

0 Upvotes
DTurner

Do your research and experiment.

0 Upvotes
GuyLuyanda

In marketing, there is no one size fits all approach. Remember. Different strokes for different folks. Test learn and evolve. 

0 Upvotes
MukhtarMeer
Contributor

Get started with any brand even your own brand or personal account.
Practice with achievable metrics and look for ways to improve.
Observe what other brands are doing and get inspired, measure the effect and adapt to your audience.

Follow the OODA loop (observe, orient, decide, act) before and after launching content.

LHallbrooks
Contributor

My advice for aspiring content strategists is to be flexible in your thinking. One reason is you need to know what is going on with competitors and your industry in general. Another is that technology is ever growing so new tech might save you and your company time and energy. Lastly, a content strategist can plan all they want but they need to be able to fit in something that needs to be address in a timely manner. 

MMarra

When developing a ceontent strategy I'd recommend finding the brand voice after doing some research. Either emulate something succesful if you can't seem to differentiate, or try somethng completely unique and take a risk doing something original. 

0 Upvotes
SPrasad1

I feel before making a content strategy, research your brand performance, audience, and competitor website. Take feedback from all customer touchpoints and then edit your framework. Work, edit, and plan your content strategy and check what do you want to change after a certain period of time.

0 Upvotes
KBaumann

Patience. 

0 Upvotes
jamie009
Participant

social media story posts instagram like polls

AVanSteenburg

I'd recommend testing social media story posts to engage with the customers on a regular basis and give them a reason to check your page. I used the stories to increase my sales for my clothing brand by 400%.

0 Upvotes
charmsantos
Participant

I would say be experimental and at the same time keep your audience's interest and pain points in mind. It should be all about them. Also, engage with them and know how you can further improve your business.

0 Upvotes
PatMoreno
Contributor

By experimenting with new ideas is helpful to discover new  and better ways to do thins.

0 Upvotes
MSRegard

Don't be afraid to try new things

0 Upvotes
devans
Contributor

remember to readjust your startegy as needed.

0 Upvotes