Video Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's one video marketing question you have?

The most effective content marketers are ones who are curious and continuously look for opportunities to grow. Keeping this in mind, what's one question you have to either get started with video marketing or to improve your current efforts?

If you see a question you can help answer, then please join the conversation!

**Is this your first time visiting the Content Marketing Study Group? If so, click here to get started

31 Replies 31
Laurenb1

Now that I understand the importance of video marketing, how do I get others to watch the videos I create?

gabriel-nextiny
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @Laurenb1 

I would recommend using your videos to fuel your current content marketing and social media efforts. Post them on social posts and ads, use them on your website and blogs, and promote them through emails and landing pages.

I hope this helps.

G

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Great question @Laurenb1. I recommend creating and embedding videos on your site or social channels that receive consistent traffic. For example, if there's a blog post that does a good job of attracting people, then consider creating a video that you can embed at the top of the page. That's a great way to ensure your videos are seen (and support further engagement on the page. 

0 Upvotes
KC5

Being new to video marketing, what would be a good length of video to produce with the limited resource and experience?

gabriel-nextiny
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @KC5 

I would start with 2 to 3 minute videos for your home page, about us page , and landing pages.

You can also create a simple video series to get your team excited about video marketing and do longer form (10 to 20 min) interviews or conversations. These can showcase your team and how they are thought leaders in what you do.

Post them, promote them, and then track how people are engaging with them to learn from these experiences.

I hope this helps!

G

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Great question @KC5. If you're just getting started, consider using a free video production tool like loom. You can easily record videos with a person, person and screen, or just screen. 

If the video is not a recording of a webinar, then consider creating a video for a product or web page that's doing really well. This could be a walkthrough of a product or service or a tips video to align with a blog post. 

Lastly, don't put too much pressure on yourself. Experiment, see how it performs, and iterate from there. 

0 Upvotes
KC5

Thanks Champion for the advice. Much appreciated.

KC5
FlywheelKinetic
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

How do you convince other people and teams to help out with video creation? I struggle with motivating teams that have GREAT content and would be EXCELLENT to feature - but are camera-shy or not convinced of the value they could provide.

gabriel-nextiny
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @FlywheelKinetic I would say that consistency is one of the most important things when it comes to "being good on camera" or getting better quality video, video series, and podcasts. Like everything else, the more you do it, the better you get at it. In the meantime, I would recommend doing simple interviews that will not necessarily go live as videos. You can take the content from those and create amazing blogs, and even use the sound as voice-over of other videos using b-roll. Also, if the video is great, use it!
This can start showing them the value they can bring to the content strategy, and also to video in the future. 
Hope this helps.
G

0 Upvotes
KCheung

agree

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Video marketing definitely has a high barrier to entry @FlywheelKinetic. As a recommendation, when getting started don't compare yourself to others who have been doing it for years. Get started with a free video service like loom. If on-camera presence is an issue, then try just showing the slide deck or walkthrough view. 

0 Upvotes