Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's an example of personalization?

Personalization is a tool you can use in your contextual marketing strategy to focus on an individual. You’ll be able to provide even more value to your users by communicating directly to them using their personal details. Keeping this in mind, how would you go about implementing personalization and what steps would you need to take? Share your example in the comments below.

*To learn more about this, check out the Using Personalization in Contextual Marketing lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

114 Replies 114
DaniKlein
Participant

I would analyze the base and create a checklist with the basic data I will need. I would search my base and develop some strategies to complete data, for example, if I was looking for a specific missing data, I would make some rich materials with additional forms for my leads and I would add this necessary information for personalization. On the other hand, for new lead base I would create a fill in the new campaign to help me with contextual marketing strategy.

0 Upvotes
DVenegas

La personalización ayuda para que los usuaros se sientan más especiales, los hace sentir que algo es especialmente para ellos.

DRamirez018

After completing this course I started using the personalization tool on the emails we sent. I had to first make sure that my lists were properly set up with the correct spelling and proper formatting. So I always use the First name token on the email subjects or inside the email. It really made a positive effect with the opening rates and feedbacks from the customers. 

0 Upvotes
JMukiri

Ensure that you have the correct contact of the person. Their name, city and address. But incase it is missing then set default values and avoid being offensive.

0 Upvotes
CKeating
Participant

I would use data on previous purchases or searches to market new products or services to the customer knowing somewhat their style/preferences should increase the conversion on sales.

0 Upvotes
ERanslemParso
Contributor

Through the use of personas, and a certain amount of assumption/research, as each entry point may vary the key to personalization is offering 'next steps' that support gathering data about the guest to continue to help them through the buyer's journey. One version might be to have a form for more information or a contact from the organization or being able to support further education from downloading a white paper. 

LGómezLeón
Participant

Put any relevant step in the web site forms to understand better your customers and bring a best information. // Analyze CRM information to identificate needs and frequent doubts. 

HBelmesk

Personalization is a tool you can use inside of your greater contextual marketing strategy. In this lesson, you'll learn how to provide more value to your users with personalization tokens in emails and pages created in HubSpot. This lesson will help prepare you to identify when and how to best use personalization when creating an individualized experience for each visitor.

CKeating
Participant

Super helpful lesson!

jk7

Gather as Much Customer Data as Possible and create the right target audience and 2nd target audiences to provide contextual marketing.