Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Profesor inbound
Profesor inbound

What's an example of contextual marketing?

Start small with your contextual marketing efforts. Use it sparingly in one area to begin with. Contextual marketing is an advanced marketing tactic. There are many ways to use it, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the possibilities. Keeping this in mind, what advice would you give to someone looking to get started with contextual marketing?

*To learn more about this, check out the Fundamentals of Contextual Marketing lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

142 Respuestas 142
AdsMoham
Participante

You do not need to provide all the valuable content you have in your mind! start from the niche market, and step by step, make yourself a place in the larger markets.

GrahampCooper17
Participante

Obviously you have to take on board the "Start Small" best advice but it's also a great idea  to have a look at "successful" competitors to try and evaluate how they are using contextual marketing. The examples in the last video were great for actually detailing a few examples of how large companies use contextula marketing. So by all means start small but also try and make it as effective as possible. 

MustafaAhmed
Miembro

This is what Google says about contextual marketing: ...is an online marketing model in which people are served with targeted advertising based on terms they search for or their recent browsing behavior. Sounds more straightforward than it is in PRACTICE.

Before adding more to the topic, I will take this opportunity to state that contextual marketing is the embodiment of providing value to your customers at all stages of the buyer journey. On top of that, you need to reinforce your brand’s ability to talk and engage your customer across all digital channels. Keeping it slow and simple will win the race for you! Analyzing your consumer behavior in the last quarter or same season the previous year can determine buying patterns, trends, motives, likes, dislikes, preferences of your segmented group.

Your digital marketing practices should be intuitive, implying you should be providing people individualized experiences based on their engagement.

What about the first-time visitors, then?

Best practices say that default content that is actionable and can scale across all digital channels is your best bet to foster new relations while keeping the existing one engaged. A website architecture complying with all the SEO best practices, UX/ UI integration, interest-based recommendations, and everything between it counts.

You cannot take this opportunity alone to explain this phenomenon in one go. Contextual Marketing is the future, and companies big and small should start taking this seriously.

Businesses looking to engage new and existing clients should have one goal in common: educate, inform, and entertain all the target segments.

dallasthegreat
Participante

Great insight, Mustafa. Thank you!

0 Me gusta
MMandel6
Miembro

Start small with your buyer's journal and see where it goes. Also, studying your target audience is very important.  Youtube is another site that allows marketers to put contextual marketing into action. Marketers can tailor their content based on what a viewer watches.  Also, they can use viewers' history journey to determine the information relevant for the user to improve the experience on a landing page. Tik Tok follows a very similar model to Youtube. 

0 Me gusta
AdsMoham
Participante

Helpful opinion Mustafa! I wish I could find that website architecture you mentioned...!

AEspinosa
Participante

Giving the user valuable content and obtain a better response by interacting with our web site.

SBricker
Miembro

great

0 Me gusta
MLHanson
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

Useing tags/categorization, offer reader related articles on blog pages.

BChristian9
Participante

Start small with your buyer's journey to see where it goes.

JenMalins
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Start small by creating content that considers the buyer's journey and then later use heatmaps to contextualize even more.

FIsmail
Participante

Heatmaps could also be used by hotjar to analyze when user plans to click and which area of site best interests the visitor you can then place a pop up CTA over there with an offer that couldn't be resisted

JenHoitsma
Miembro

We use Drift on our site to provide a personalized experience for our visitors.

SuryaSharma4
Miembro

Participant

YouTube is another site that allows marketers to put context marketing into action. Marketers can tailor their content based on what a viewer watches. they can use the viewer's history journey to determine the information that could be relevant for the user and improve the experience on a landing page.

Anthonydgrea8t
Colaborador

The first advice would be to segment their current audience, create contents for them, and create contents for first-time visitors...

0 Me gusta
MariaFatimaWitt
Miembro

Contextual Marekting is used to create personalized informaiton for the users. We can use the buyer´s journey to determine information that could be relevant for the user and improve the experience on a landing page. For example, we could add a download free e-book for first visitors, view a video , or book a demo, depending on the buyer´s journey of the user. 

0 Me gusta
RModer
Miembro

Contextual marketing is about creating content that is relevant to each user. An example of this is sending marketing emails to a customer that has shopping recommendations based on their previous purchases.

CQuixchan
Participante

Hola, que antes de ccomenzar a utilizar el Marketing Contexctual, se pueda terminar el curso para aclarar cada uno de los puntos, y luego tratar de aplicar

0 Me gusta
Rebecca10
Miembro

Start small 

AGaynor
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

Setup google analytics to help drill down into your target audience. 

0 Me gusta
MitchTransue
Participante | Partner nivel Elite
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

An example of contextual marketing is creating content that is served to contacts based on their lead source (i.e. social, organic, or paid search).

0 Me gusta