Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Formateur inbound
Formateur inbound

What's an example of contextual marketing?

Start small with your contextual marketing efforts. Use it sparingly in one area to begin with. Contextual marketing is an advanced marketing tactic. There are many ways to use it, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the possibilities. Keeping this in mind, what advice would you give to someone looking to get started with contextual marketing?

*To learn more about this, check out the Fundamentals of Contextual Marketing lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

142 Réponses
chandrapepino
Membre

Perhaps some perspective would help. If you were the customer, what would delight *you*?

0 Votes
VNair
Participant

Start in a small way, keep it clear and valuable, accomodating all including first time visitors as well.
0 Votes
JMaku
Participant

Ensure that your content is answering the question that led the customer to visit your website, or they will bounce right back. So if your keyword is the recipe, make sure that the recipe is there on your website and is not a click away. you can later get people to that recipe with the major ingredients too, but starting small means in a click being able to provide what the customer is looking for.

0 Votes
RPerry333
Contributeur

Keywords that gear online searchers interest in visiting your site .
0 Votes
OBodley
Membre

I would advise that they keep the aspects of contextual marketing small at first, so that they don't overwhelm or confuse their user. They should make sure that all aspects of contextual marketing are helpful to the user and provides all of the valuable content that they need to access.

0 Votes
BOguzie
Participant

I'll advise one to first segment their list to be able to personalize the contents and then the Landing page should have a clear CTA that clearly directs visitors on what to do.

0 Votes
ShreyJadhav
Participant

Start small - Make little personalisations to email communications

Make use of smart default values for search engines and first time visitors

Don't customise for the sake of customising, make it contexual and meaningful. 

DaniKlein
Participant

If I were to give advice to someone who wants to get started with contextual marketing, I would say to be authentic and honest.

0 Votes
NLeampuk
Membre

About Personalized content should be tailored to each customer based on their customer journey.

0 Votes
JMukiri
Membre

Know your audience by identifying their interests, before starting. 

MAbdulsalam
Participant

Start small - Make little personalisations to email communications

Make use of smart default values for search engines and first time visitors
0 Votes
ZAbdullah
Membre

I think having blog page that's has the ability to suggest topic based on the visitor behaviour could work too

CKeating
Participant

I would advise them to make sure their content pertains to the interests of the person receiving the information.

0 Votes
ERanslemParso
Contributeur

Being able to personalize the content for the specific persona/person you are trying to appeal to...meeting the guest where they are in the buyer journey!

ChetanA
Participant

I guess, one must clearly understand the segments of the customers viiting the contents.  Its critical to understand the requirements, so that content personalization can be desgined and implemented.  For example, people browsing the site, would want all the content available on scrolls, with buttons and links in between to other pages.  So, if none of the buttons and links are cliecked, even then all the content must be made available through the scrolls.

CKeating
Participant

Good point!

0 Votes
CMoregbuniwe
Participant

Make sure your content appeals to the right audience.