Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's a SMART goal you're working towards?

Setting marketing goals provides you long-term vision and short-term motivation. It helps you organize your time and resources so that you can make the most of your efforts. In the comments below, share a SMART goal you're working towards this year.

Extra credit: Share with everyone the steps you're making towards achieving this SMART goal.

*To learn more about this, check out the Planning a Long-Term Content Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

2,349 Replies 2,349
Shraddha_Ravi

My Smart goal for this month is to genereate high quality leads from platfroms 

0 Upvotes
NASH3
Participant

My smart goal is involves doing all the preliminary research on what my customers like, where they are and how I can effectively reach them, then go on to create suitable content 

0 Upvotes
Lsaini6

My smart goal this year is to equip myself with resources and practice and apply them in real life in a way that I can build a strong marketing foundation

0 Upvotes
HKagalwala
Participant

So a smart goal for me would definitely be secure my foundations in operations, and then scale yearly and educate myself daily, and to have a loving family 

0 Upvotes
NHeartlin

A SMART goal I am working on it is building a strong foundation for my future career, I am planning to get more knowledge and information about digital marketing, Also planning for a further step in UI/UX designing. So that is my SMART plan for this year

DLewis6
Contributor

That sounds like a good plan.

SOBrien4

A SMART goal that I am working towards this year is working towards getting on President's list for straight A's. Making this list will not only allow me to feel accomplished but also be a good thing to have on my resume. Over the last few years I have made the dean's list but never the president's list. This specific goal means working extra hard to get A's on all assignments and quizzes, studying extra hard for exams, and staying on track with every class. This goal is attainable because I currently have all A's in the classes I am in now, if I keep trying my best it is possible. My goal is to stay caught up every week or even stay ahead in my work, before exams join office hours for extra help, and to communicate with every professor to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. I have until the second week of May, finals week, and the rest of the semester to stay on track. The steps I will be taking are to do at least an hour of school work every day, watch all lecture videos posted, and to stay ahead in my online classes. 

DLewis6
Contributor

Impressive! As a university lecturer, I wish more of my students had your attitude. 

0 Upvotes
TMphahlele
Participant

My SMART goal for this year is to increase organic website traffic by 25% within the next six months. To achieve this, I am focusing on specific actions such as optimizing website content for relevant keywords, implementing a robust content marketing strategy, and enhancing website usability and user experience. Additionally, I'm regularly monitoring website analytics to track progress and make data-driven adjustments to my approach. This goal aligns with our broader marketing objectives and contributes to overall business growth.

NWilson78

We are starting a new program this year so there will be long-term and short-term goals. Here's one that I will be working on.

S: Create a communication workflow for the team and assign tasks for the upcoming project

M: Track progress by creating due dates and utlizing Trello

A: Develop a launching point for data and project assessments

R: Continue to grow from launching point by creating targetted campaigns through marketing platforms

T: Comparing the data from start date to deadline dates to see where we improved and areas we need to continue to work on.

0 Upvotes
OPD

My SMART Goal for this month is improving on my writing skill and get better with how to market my content on my socials.

0 Upvotes
RidwaanMahomed

SMART Goal for Content Writing:

Specific: I aim to increase my monthly client base by 30% within the next six months.

Measurable: I will track my progress by keeping a record of the number of new clients acquired each month.

Achievable: I will achieve this goal by networking more actively within my industry, reaching out to potential clients through targeted outreach efforts, and showcasing my portfolio and expertise on relevant platforms.

Relevant: Growing my client base is essential for expanding my content writing business and increasing revenue. It aligns with my long-term vision of establishing myself as a reputable content writer in my niche.

Time-bound: I will achieve this goal within the next six months, setting specific milestones along the way to ensure steady progress towards the 30% increase in clients.

By setting this SMART goal, I am providing myself with a clear and actionable roadmap for expanding my content writing business within a defined timeframe, while also ensuring that the goal is realistic and achievable.

ABhadwal_CM_SB
Participant

Cool examples.

0 Upvotes
QHorton

To grow my YouTube channel to 500 subscribers before August. 

0 Upvotes
Keren_Theo

S: I aim to understand the key platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and their algorithms, as well as how to create engaging content tailored to each platform.

M: I will measure my progress by tracking the number of followers, engagement rate, and reach of my social media posts. I aim to increase these metrics by at least 30% by the end of the six months.

A: I will achieve this goal by taking online courses in social media marketing, reading relevant books and articles, and practicing by creating and managing social media accounts for personal projects or small businesses.

R: This goal is relevant to my career aspirations in digital marketing as social media marketing is a key skill in the field and can open up opportunities for me in various industries.

T: I aim to achieve this goal within the next six months, which will provide me with enough time to learn, practice, and see tangible improvements in my skills and knowledge.

0 Upvotes
EWidén
Participant

By next saturday i want to have written my first blog post ready to post for my upcoming website.

DLewis6
Contributor

It will be so!

0 Upvotes
CFortes

* Increase more tracffic and more sales using a SMART Goal:

* Using social media paltform with with short videos content that attract and engage  (asking questions to foster engagement, be controversial, creat great mini series videos, ) this can lead potencial buyers to website, blog, profiles.

* using Goodgle ads... emails, ebooks, free sample, webinars... using organic social media (Instagram, Pinsterest, Facebook...)

* Have positive reviewes on the buisness front page;

* Creating a long term content plan: setting goals, auditing and monitoring traffic and sales and identify buyre's journey.

DLewis6
Contributor

Very ambitious. Go for it!

0 Upvotes
SRana47

**SMART Goal:**

Increase online sales by 20% within 12 months through improved social media presence and targeted advertising campaigns.

**Steps:**

1. **Research:** Understand target audience preferences and behaviors.

2. **Social Media:** Post engaging content, respond promptly to messages, and use relevant hashtags.

3. **Content Plan:** Create a calendar with varied content types to maintain audience interest.

4. **Ads:** Invest in targeted ads on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Google.

5. **Monitoring:** Track KPIs like website traffic and sales, adjusting strategies accordingly.

These steps will help achieve our goal, driving growth for the business.