Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's a SMART goal you're working towards?

Setting marketing goals provides you long-term vision and short-term motivation. It helps you organize your time and resources so that you can make the most of your efforts. In the comments below, share a SMART goal you're working towards this year.

Extra credit: Share with everyone the steps you're making towards achieving this SMART goal.

*To learn more about this, check out the Planning a Long-Term Content Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

2,350 Replies 2,350
DrTaiwo
Participant

1. Grapple with the understanding of my buyer's persona.

2. Try creating a conteng audit by checking other websites that publish contents such as I. 

3. Plan a formidable content strategy for the next month.

0 Upvotes
DVasquez6

I enjoyed how simple and well organized this looks and how straight to the point it gets. 

0 Upvotes
Anandan

Am going to learn more about the buyer's journey, content audit, and event-based audit. Will implement this in my project 

0 Upvotes
Aisha-Bello

Specific goal- learning content writing and seo to a good level till after Ramadhan

impproving content quality

builidng personal brand

Measurable

one to wo hubspot lessons daily

content writng on anything daily

learning seo daily through hubspot

writng an article for personal brand per week

Attainable

cotnent writng

courses

seo

granola

Relevant

as listed ablove. 

Time boud

obtain storng foundation in 3mtns to secure a t least a 20k job. the ultimate goal per month is 50k

0 Upvotes
MCollins53

I am working towards this SMART goal, working fulltime on a fitness brand, getting followers each week and generating content. 

0 Upvotes
komal9_0_

Hii

0 Upvotes
atotheme
Participant

To improve weekly newsletter click-through rate from 2.68% to 7% by the end of Q2 2023

0 Upvotes
MCox6

Educating myself about the best practices.

0 Upvotes
SobiaIqbal

I am working toward making my content creation by analyzing smart ways that is Specific, Meaningful, Attractive, Relative and Timebound.  

0 Upvotes
SalmaEhab

I'm working towads increasing the number of freelance clients to 3 retainer clients by the end of the year. 

0 Upvotes
SAhmed54

I have certainly a long term vision and working on that from the begining if this year.

My SMART goal stands below:

S: Specific

My specific goal is to learn as much as skills as I can in the whole year and utilise them towards achieving my long term goal of running an own venture which would be based on Digital marketing and Analytics.

M: Measurable

I meausre my time with knowldge I am gaining. Every single day is now relevant for me, starting with theoritical knowledge slowly I am moving into the technical aspects of learning skills and tools.

A: Attainable

Ratgher focusing on the final destination I am am working on the journey and by achieving the small goals coming in my path. One can not attain a big dream at a glance, for that we should focus on the samll things and laerningb from them and finally rwaching to the final destination. 

R: Relevant

Every aspect of my work is relevant for me. To attain the vision, I am more focused on the mission of learning something new everyday. Theories, Practical implications, learning skills & tools everything have a great relevance on the attainment of my goal.

0 Upvotes
MBaruah

I have certainly a long term vision and working on that from the begining if this year.

My SMART goal stands below:

My specific goal is to learn as much as skills as I can in the whole year and utilise them towards achieving my long term goal of running an own venture which would be based on Digital marketing and Analytics.

I meausre my time with knowldge I am gaining. Every single day is now relevant for me, starting with theoritical knowledge slowly I am moving into the technical aspects of learning skills and tools.

A: Attainable

Ratgher focusing on the final destination I am am working on the journey and by achieving the small goals coming in my path. One can not attain a big dream at a glance, for that we should focus on the samll things and laerningb from them and finally rwaching to the final destination. 

Every aspect of my work is relevant for me. To attain the vision, I am more focused on the mission of learning something new everyday. Theories, Practical implications, learning skills & tools everything have a great relevance on the attainment of my goal.

T: Time Bound

We all have the same amount of time i.e 24 hours a day. It's upto us how I utilise effectively. I always learn two subjects a day and morale by the end. By the mid of this year, I have a clear goal of becoming a good expert in Digital Marketing and by the end of the year in I will be having a good experience in both digital marketing and analytics. 

0 Upvotes
Abzz

My SMART Goal is to finish my digital marketing internship. And to get a better job.

0 Upvotes
SakShu

My SMART Goal is getting a new job in digital marketing that gives me much more exposure to data-driven decision making opportunities and gives me more chances to take up ownership and display leadership qualities.

JQLAP
Participant

One goal I am working towards is finishing this course and once complete, I'll start revisiting some of the sections so that I can use some of tips to put into action in my own website. A second goal is to create more leads for the service of horse rides that we offer, resulting in at least 10 new customer coming through the door during the last week of February 2022.

Specific: Weekly new Clients, 10 on the last week of February, so 8 new ones on the third, 6 on the second, 4 on the first, and 2 the last week of January.

Measurable? Yes

Attainable? We'll see

Relevant? Indeed

Tangible? Yes

In order to achieve this I must:

-Optimise my local SEO efforts,

-Publish more Instagram posts,

-review and optimize my Google ads campaigns to drive the correct traffic to my website and spend those resources more efficiently,

-finish this course so I can publish valuable SEO content on my website with the aim of driving more relevant organic traffic.

-AND build a CRM plan so I don't miss out on new or existing leads because they get lost.

0 Upvotes
JQLAP
Participant

Timely!!! TImely!!! 😅

0 Upvotes
SStipčević

I am working on finding a better paid job in the field of digital marketing. My plan is to study and take free certification courses, an hour a day. Also, I am learning a new language on Duolingo.

I am opening a business IG account to practice my skills.

0 Upvotes
LRCardoso

I would say Become specialized in Digital Marketing in the next 3 months, by consuming all free courses from Hubspot Academy. 

Moreover, I would like to better define my target audience and content created to start my own TikTok account. 

0 Upvotes
ShRahimoghli
Participant

The SMART in SMART goals stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. Defining these parameters as they pertain to your goal helps ensure that your objectives are attainable within a certain time frame. This approach eliminates generalities and guesswork, sets a clear timeline, and makes it easier to track progress and identify missed milestones.

My main Goal for this year is to seek a better job.

I should ask myself:
what needs to be accomplished? Finding a better job.
who is responsible for it? Myself.
what steps need to be taken to achieve it?
- finding out why exactly I want to move on from my current job.
- find out what are the aspects of a good job for me?
- find out what qualities are missing in my resume for the job I'm dreaming to have.
- planning to study and gain enough info about it.
- reaching out to the companies I want to work with.

it's all about time and improving myself.
I can measure time spent on this goal, and also examine my knowledge after each relevant course I pass toward my goal.
also, the number of resumes that I send out and the feedback I receive, are measurable.

A: Achievable
after reviewing the 2 later steps, I think it is safe to say that my goal is achievable. besides, I'm not going to set up top companies to work with for my main goal. I also know that I have to start at the bottom level of my plan and improve myself step by step.

Here’s where I need to think about the big picture. Why am I setting the goal? well, my main goal is about improving myself and working for better companies in the first place. I think improving to higher levels of what we do for a living, is truly relevant! it is not like me trying to change my field and expertise for this goal! no, I'm just going to improve it.

T: Time-bound
I can manage my plan and set a monthly improvement exam for myself. to determine how much I grow over one month. this will clear my future a little more because then I will find out how much way remains to walk through achieving my goal.

fikky
Participant

My goal is to get new long term clients on freelance platforms and work with them as a copy/content writer.  To do that, I need to beef up my resume and reach out to as many companies I want to work with as I can. I have been working on improving myself in the past few months and I hope to achieve this goal in less than 3 months.

Cyberton

Adding 10,000 to my Facebook page this year 2023

Becoming the best digital marketer in Cameroon

0 Upvotes