Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What's a SMART goal you're working towards?

Setting marketing goals provides you long-term vision and short-term motivation. It helps you organize your time and resources so that you can make the most of your efforts. In the comments below, share a SMART goal you're working towards this year.

Extra credit: Share with everyone the steps you're making towards achieving this SMART goal.

*To learn more about this, check out the Planning a Long-Term Content Strategy lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

2,374 Replies 2,374
ShRahimoghli
Participant

The SMART in SMART goals stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. Defining these parameters as they pertain to your goal helps ensure that your objectives are attainable within a certain time frame. This approach eliminates generalities and guesswork, sets a clear timeline, and makes it easier to track progress and identify missed milestones.

My main Goal for this year is to seek a better job.

S: Specific
I should ask myself:
what needs to be accomplished? Finding a better job.
who is responsible for it? Myself.
what steps need to be taken to achieve it?
- finding out why exactly I want to move on from my current job.
- find out what are the aspects of a good job for me?
- find out what qualities are missing in my resume for the job I'm dreaming to have.
- planning to study and gain enough info about it.
- reaching out to the companies I want to work with.

M: Measurable
it's all about time and improving myself.
I can measure time spent on this goal, and also examine my knowledge after each relevant course I pass toward my goal.
also, the number of resumes that I send out and the feedback I receive, are measurable.

A: Achievable
after reviewing the 2 later steps, I think it is safe to say that my goal is achievable. besides, I'm not going to set up top companies to work with for my main goal. I also know that I have to start at the bottom level of my plan and improve myself step by step.

R: Relevant
Here’s where I need to think about the big picture. Why am I setting the goal? well, my main goal is about improving myself and working for better companies in the first place. I think improving to higher levels of what we do for a living, is truly relevant! it is not like me trying to change my field and expertise for this goal! no, I'm just going to improve it.

T: Time-bound
I can manage my plan and set a monthly improvement exam for myself. to determine how much I grow over one month. this will clear my future a little more because then I will find out how much way remains to walk through achieving my goal.

fikky
Participant

My goal is to get new long term clients on freelance platforms and work with them as a copy/content writer.  To do that, I need to beef up my resume and reach out to as many companies I want to work with as I can. I have been working on improving myself in the past few months and I hope to achieve this goal in less than 3 months.

Cyberton

Adding 10,000 to my Facebook page this year 2023

Becoming the best digital marketer in Cameroon

0 Upvotes
THuyen7
Participant

A SMART goal I'm working towards is increase the unique visitors to my company's website from 500 to 1,000 within 3 months. 

First, my team analyzed the past data. And we concluded that our website attracted around 400 unique visitors within three months. 

Then, we held the meeting to review which content attracted the most readership and which didn't. Learn about the reasons why. Then worked with the sales team and technical team to identify what is concerning our existing and even potential customers, how our products can help them, and more. 

Then, we developed the content strategy around their main problem. In the awareness stage, we created blog posts to explain what their problem is. In the consideration stage, we are building blog posts that provide customers different ways to solve their problem, then repurpose the content to webinars with technical experts involved. In the decision stage, we provide free consultation sessions to instruct how our product can help customers solve their pain point.

MPaton

A SMART goal I'm working towards is how I can drip feed my thought process/learnings as I do a part time PhD in education to help build up my profile, generate discussions yet not spill the beans and restrict my scholarly publishing. Bit of an ethical dilemma, but I know many others have 'blogged' throughout their PhD.

0 Upvotes
MProsser
Participant

To double unique monthly website visitors and LinkedIn followers for a client within the next six months through content production and sharing.   

0 Upvotes
GospelChibuzor
Participant

To be an expert in content marketing and creating, moreover in movie analysis in 5 months.

To create content for other big companies like Netflix, etc.c

To establish my own content-creating and movie-analyzing company

0 Upvotes
Karani

To be an expert in content marketing in 6 months. 

I am Taking Content Marketing Certification by Hubspot 

Writing with Flair Course by Shani Raja

Reading Copywriting Books and Newsletters 

JennyManalili

Improve my writing skills

MColaso

Grow my instagram subscribers from 110 to 550 by the end of the year. 
- Creating daily content for potential subscribers at the various buyer stages. 

- Using in person events to promote online sales via social media. 

- Connecting with local influencers to share our social media page. 

Uju

To increase my subscriber count from 284 to 5000 by the end of the year. 

0 Upvotes
DuncanMunene

Awareness and drive traffic and sales:

1. Identify your target audience: Understanding your ideal customer will help you create content and messaging that resonates with them and attracts them to your website and social media channels.

2. Use social media effectively: Social media is a great way to reach many people in a short amount of time. Use paid social media advertising to target your specific audience and drive traffic to your website.

3. Optimize your website for search engines: By using keywords and phrases your target audience is searching for, you can improve your search engine rankings and drive more organic traffic.

4. Collaborate with influencers or other businesses: Partnering with influencers or businesses in your industry can help expose your brand to a new audience and drive traffic to your website.

5. Run promotions or special offers: Offering discounts or promotions can be a great way to attract new customers and drive sales. Consider running seasonal promotions or offering discounts to new customers.

0 Upvotes
Folasadepitan
Participant

To learn content writing and be able to help businesses generate more valuable contents.

I'm taking several courses on content writing to improve my skills.

0 Upvotes
DLewis6
Contributor

To create a sustainable longerm content management strategy.

0 Upvotes
Younesamllachou

The SMART goal that i want to achieve is to live  .

KOlamide

Since it's almost the end of the year,I want to complete this course before the 1st of 2023.

RHandley

SMART Goals

Specific: Increase brand awareness on social and search, while increasing website traffic and sales.

Measurable: Google Analytics to track traffic and where it is coming from and what pages or content to improve upon. 

Attainable: Create content and solution to help increase website visits, social media followers, and sales.  Roughly an extra 50 visitors per week to the website, 1 new follower per day, and increase sales by 10% monthly. 

Relevant: Always create new content for the areas we serve that educates and exposes needs.

Timely: Set up a chain of emails based on a trigger taken.  Also to follow up with new leads much faster. 

Alegra
Contributor

A SMART goal I am working toward

SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely. I aim to learn digital marketing within six months and get a job in the field. 

I plan to finish the HubSpot Digital Marketing free course by Monday, January 2. After that, I will decide which other classes I need to take to obtain the required certifications. 

Best,

Alegra

JPerera
Participant

SMART Goal: To increase the website traffic from 5 followers per week to 15 followers per week and turn website visitors into buyers 

0 Upvotes
LBUSSELL
Participant

Generate 50 inquiries each month for my Master's degree program.

0 Upvotes
LCulp

3 real estate speaking gigs per month and 3 new coaching clients per month by February

0 Upvotes