Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Storytelling framework in action

Regardless of the story you’re trying to tell and how you’re trying to tell it, storytelling has three essential elements:

• Characters
  • Conflict
  • Resolution

Choose one of your favorite brands, and tell their business's story by answering the below questions.

• Who is the brand?
  • Who is their audience?
  • What challenge are they helping their audience to overcome? How are they doing it?

*To learn more about this, check out The Power of Storytelling lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

5,078 Replies 5,078
Bredemarket
Contributor

As I anticipated performing this exercise before I knew the specifics of what the exercise was about, I already had a brand in mind - my own brand, Bredemarket

I provide marketing and writing services to business clients. To improve my created client collateral, and to differentiate myself from other service providers, I developed a "kickoff" document last September to use in my initial client meetings. Before talking about the nuts and bolts of the content, my first three questions were as follows:

• What is the goal of the content?
  • What are the benefits of the product or service highlighted in the content?
  • What is the target audience for the content?

While these initial questions are better than just launching into the "what are the facts of the case study?" type questions, I could improve them to provide even greater benefits to my clients and myself. 

This morning, while completing the initial lessons in this course, I paused the video, opened up my kickoff document, and made an important revision: including Simon Synek's "Golden Circle" questions before asking about goal/benefits/target audience.

Yes, I will now start my client kickoff sessions by asking my client about the client's business itself: why, how, and what.

Of course, now that I've modified my form, there are three things that I need to do:

1. Test the new form out in a future client engagement.
  2. Modify the portions of my website that talk about goals, benefits, and target audience to also talk about why, how, and what.
  3. Repurpose this HubSpot reply as a blog post on the Bredemarket blog, and possibly in other forms. 
Bredemarket
Contributor

0 Upvotes
EPatterson
Participant

King Arthur Baking-They are a-z for baking of any kind, with ingredients, recipes, techniques and even mixes. Anyone can go to their site and believe it is possible to make great bread, using clean flour and an easy recipe. Their audience-anyone who bakes or wants to bake, and the challenge is -can I  do it, how and what ingredients do I need? Everything is answered with a yes.

Bredemarket
Contributor

A former coworker of mine moved east from Southern California and now works for King Arthur Baking. He posts a lot of pictures of snow... 😀

LDat

Well, the brand which i'm into is Apple. The audiences of this brand are Tech-concious person and wealthy person. Apple products helpl users to process more quickly and productivity, even support them to reduce late rate as well via professional software, high-effective apps.

BlessingMajola
Participant

The brand is SMART Technologies
Their audience is educators and facilitators around the world. They are helping educators deliver engaging and meaningful learning experiences by providing technology solutions that seamlessly integrate into their classrooms and teaching practices.

0 Upvotes
JWeiss

The brand I chose is United Airlines. Their audience is travelers from all over the world. They are providing safe, and pleasant ground and onboard experiences for their passengers in a market that is very competative. How they are doing that is providing exceptional services, hundreds of routes, and competative prices for travelers. 

0 Upvotes
Oak1

Google

Everyone who has access to internet

makes users to search easily and correctly

0 Upvotes
HSingh6

Brand: Print Mario

Audience: Female Home bakers and small bakery owners

Challenge: Empowering female home bakers and small bakery owners with the highest quality and prettiest packaging at an affordable cost while increasing their sales.

Mike247
Participant

brand: Amani Luxury Apartment

audience: 18-45 yr/o who are free spirited and self driven

challenge: looking for accomodation that will cater toa all their needs

0 Upvotes
GHarp

Brand: NordVPN

Audience: Anyone using the internet

Challenge: They are providng a safer way to surf the internet. A VPN helps to make sure your phone isn't hacked while you use public wifi.

Chayanikaprakas

Brand: Mamaearth

Audience: People who are into cruelty-free, paraben-free, chemical-free makeup and skincare products.

Challenge: They are changing the Beauty market by incorporating cruelty-free, chemical-free and plastic positive beauty products.

0 Upvotes
AMalik3

Brand: Adidas

Audience: Young Athletes, Fitness and Sports enthusiasts aged between 15 to 40

Challenge: They are empowering the youth, especially talented athletes by sponsoring them and sharing their inspiring stories.

0 Upvotes
KLarson3

Brand: Lululemon

Audience: men and women in the upper middle class between the ages of 18 and 35 with a fitness mindset

Challenge: Lululemon wants to encourage all to live a healthier lifestyle by offering workout clothes in different colors, shapes, and sizes. 

0 Upvotes
RShamwell
Participant

Brand: Collegefairmagazine

Audience: Youth and adults (18-35)

Challenge: getting inner-city residents (youth and adults 18-35) with lower education and training to appropriate educational and training resources to remove social and economic barriers to improve educational and economic stability to meet and be prepared for 21-century challenges.

0 Upvotes
JoeRoryChirwa

Brand: Nilo Rent a Car

Audience: 18 years above

Challenge: people do not have the required amount of money to purchase a car, they lack the luxury life and experience of driving a car instead, they can rent a car with Nilo investment and reduce the challenges of transportation

Bredemarket
Contributor

Another challenge - actually an opportunity - is that many car rental companies are reluctant to rent to 18 year olds because of liability concerns. 

0 Upvotes
JDas4
Participant

brand: myntra

target audience: kids, young to middle aged men and women 

challenges and solution: people don't have the time to visit physical stores to buy clothes and accessories from their favourite brands. Myntra solves this problem by providing a wide range of collection of clothes, accessories, cosmetics and footwears from over 500 leading Indian and International brands.

0 Upvotes
Honganh99
Participant

• Who is the brand? Elsa Speak 
  • Who is their audience? Every who needs to improve all skills in English (speaking, listening, writing, reading...), Male/Female
  • What challenges are they helping their audience to overcome?  Improving English pronunciation things with correct, 
  • How are they doing it? Elsa Speak empowers you with a tool that easily corrects pronunciation errors, improves the voice, and ensures that the tone of the conversation is how it was intended.
0 Upvotes
CMeniru
Participant

• Brand: Uber
  • Audience: All road users who want to get to their destination quickly and with less waiting and hassle. 
  • Challenge and Solution: They tackle the issue of how unpredictable road transport is by giving you more control of your time by its provision of urgent prebooking service to a driver already closeby. You can also be assured of the ride being all to yourself or your group and it also shows the time with which your driver will be at your door step and the time it will take to get to your destination. 
0 Upvotes
usohani

-Mamaearth

-Women who want natural Skin Care products to make their skin grow naturally. 

-Women or even a man want to keep themself healthy. By eating healthy food and regular exercise, every one of us keeps ourselves healthy. Inner beauty and outer beuty are enhanced by eating healthy and exercising. 

We can also enhance outer beauty by taking care of our skin. Mamaearth provides natural skin care products, inspired by the Indian ancient beauty tips and products used which provide you glowing skin. There is sated as gift from earth. They also plant trees for every product sold.

0 Upvotes