Content Marketing

nsandoval
Participant

Road to Chasing HubSpot Certifications

Hey everyone! My name is Nathaniel. I came across these HubSpot online courses in 2021, and I wanted to start the year by building my understanding of these different aspects of marketing. I completed the email and social media marketing course. I'm currently doing the contextual marketing course and will work through all the other courses. I'd love to review any notes, tips, or advice for preparing for the exams to receive the certifications. Let me know what you all think, and thank you in advance!

3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @nsandoval congrats on finishing the first few certifications and continuing to work towards your goal!

I took my first certification in 2016 and by 2017 I took all of the certifications that were available. From there, I just kept them updated when they expired and took any new ones that became available (with a few exceptions that aren't relevant to what I do) and now I have 35 certifications.

I'm a little old fashioned and still prefer handwritten notes to remember things better, but if that's not for you, hopefully something on my list will help you better prepare!

• print the study guide for the courses that have one
    • take notes in the margins with key stats or definitions (using extra paper if needed)
  • make a spreadsheet (google, excel, or numbers) of the certifications you want to take
    • I use this to keep organized and know when my certifications will expire, so I have columns to track the certification name, link to the video I left off on, study guide link, status of the exam (passed, not taken, expiring soon), score, date issued, and date expires
    • If you take digital notes, you can link them here too
  • watch all of the videos, even if that's not how you learn best, it helps to hear and see the presentations
  • review the transcript and slides linked in the resources tab
    • these are helpful to fill in my notes from the video, or look up questions from the study guide
  • take the test, even if you don't pass the first time, you can use the exam breakdown so you know what you need to focus on

Having the tracking sheet helps me stay organized and focused on my goals. I know exactly which ones are expiring in which month and can prioritize my renewals accordingly, plus I've added a few new ones that I'd like to work on this year 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

nsandoval
Participant

Thank you so much @Jnix284! I appreciate the in-depth insight. 

Uju

That's amazing !