Content Marketing

LSIM
Participant

My first pillar page

Hello Guys, My name is Letheshia, I'm so excited to be here and can't wait to be apart of the conversation.

Guys, just went through the content marketing course and is ready and excited to write my first pillar page, however I'm a little confuse with how to choose a broad topic.

My blog is about helping entrepreneurs to to become billionaires through entrepreneurship, so I want to talk about positioning to create mutiple income streams, give examples of a few billianaires, I want to talk about scaleable business ideas, churn rate. toools and software that can manage and run a business sucessfully etc. however I'm confuse what broad topic would be best fit for these topics.

Please guys do you have any advice that can help me out?

8 Replies 8
iMBAConsulting
Participant

My first pillar page

Here is my 2cents on this, I cannot blame you for being in a confuse state as to what Topic to start with, only because There are scaleable business that can be in the Billion list but choses not to and the other way around, On top of that there are Businesses in the Billion mark that has quite a list of their stream for Revenue(which is adviceable for any Business).

I was just about to make a Blog something close to what youre looking to get done.

We can work together if you want and just to share what I have in mind. We all know that A Business can have multiple Model / Ways to generate Revenue, that being said I wanted to start with the 7 Business model for Consulting and/or Coaching Business, which we can expand on together.

I Hope this helps you in 1 way or another. Let me know what you think  @ Business.Services@iConsultingMBA.com  

0 Upvotes
LSIM
Participant

My first pillar page

Hi @iMBAConsulting, I appreciate your offer however for a better underding of how it works I would need you to further explain. I'm just getting into bloging so I have a lot to learn 🙈

0 Upvotes
iMBAConsulting
Participant

My first pillar page

Good Day,

if you and I are on the same Page on what youre trying to Build "Pillar Page". Is a Single Page High Overview of a specific Subject , and within that page you will have Resources related to your Topic Choice, For example in this case Struggling Entreprenuers "needs" to have a checklist prior to Starting their Business.

Just t mention a few are  Business Strategy, Marketing, Book keeping, Etc. and these Subtitles or bullet Points will lead to another page which explains it to the reader in a much deeper Level then thats where I come into play.

I hope Im articulating this good enough to make sense 😅

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

My first pillar page

Hi @LSIM! I'll second what @kvlschaefer said. And I'll add a little of my own insight. 

If you're creating a pillar page for the audience you've described, I might think about something like Entrepreneurs Going from Start Up to Scale Up - The Ultimate Guide. This uses "start up to scale up" as a keyword phrase. You could then link to this pillar page on blog articles about entrepreneur tools, software, strategy, and more. 

Disclaimer: I did no research on Semrush or other tools on the efficacy of this keyword phrase. It's just a brainstorm. 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
LSIM
Participant

My first pillar page

Hi @danmoyle I appreciate  your imput. can you believe you made that topic suggestion and that suggestion brought other thought to mind. i guess my mind just need i little stimulant lol 😀 

Thanks.

danmoyle

My first pillar page

Sometimes we just need brainstorming partners, @LSIM 😊 Happy to have helped! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

My first pillar page

Hi @LSIM,

Thank you for reaching out to the Content Marketing Study Group! 

This is a cool idea 😄 

I wanted to share these pillar page examples to help serve as inspiration 🙂 

A pillar page should cover all broader topics, while each supporting page focuses on a specific topic. I would suggest thinking about who your audience is and what you're trying to solve for them. From there, you could think about how you would like to present this material on a pillar page: Is it a guide? A series? 

I also wanted to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have advice.

Hi @DavidDennison@Sam62@danmoyle@NicoleSengers - Do you have any pillar page tips for @LSIM?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
LSIM
Participant

My first pillar page

Hello @kvlschaefer kvonloesecke, thanks for responding. 

I would say my audience are struggling entrepreneurs that have been tinkering with business online but have not figured out how to grow or scale a business online and is looking for answers on how to become a successful entreprenuer.

My problem is I don't think the topics I mentioned in my previous message are broad topics. it seems my mind is just not thinking broad lol 😀