Content Marketing

Judithsandras

Marketing Communications vs Content Marketing?

Hi there! I'm considering a career in Content Marketing and would like to ask a question! What is the difference between a career in Marketing Communications and a career in Content Marketing?

Thank you! 

3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @Judithsandras how exciting, congratulations on the new adventure!

A lot of roles in marketing have overlap in job descriptions and are often called different things depending on the company.

Marketing Communications - roles typically involve PR (public relations), issuing press releases, handling media inquiries, internal and external communications, etc. This can overlap with content marketing if blog writing is included in the responsibilities.

Content Marketing - roles typically involve inbound marketing, like writing blogs, creating website content, etc.

Both roles require experience with writing/communications and depending on the industry and company size are often combined into single roles.

I'm not sure where in your journey you are, but I highly recommend reading Everybody Writes by Ann Handley as it will help tremendously with content writing. 🙂

All the best in your journey!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Judithsandras

Hi Jennifer!

Thank you for the reply, that was very insightful and helpful. I'll start reading the book too, thanks for your recommendation!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Judithsandras,

thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I'll tag in a couple content marketing professionals to see if they can provide some insight: 

hi @Jnix284@SFerrari@maduabuchiobij@UDahiru, do you wish to share your thoughts on this? Thank you! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes