Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Improving your content creation process

Your content creation process should be something that's clear, repeatable, and organized. It's important to evaluate your process from time to time to see how it can be improved (for you and those you collaborate with).

Before you create your next piece of content, what's one thing you could do to improve your current process? For me, I'm going to create a survey via a Google form and send it to those I collaborate with to get their feedback. The easier I am to collaborate with, the more people will want to work with me.

*To learn more about this, check out the Building a Content Creation Framework lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

4,014 Replies 4,014
JWearing
Participant

Nice!

0 Upvotes
KMiser

I'd like to a implement step that solicits notes and suggestions from my fellow writers in the department before a content piece moves into our normal review process. That way, I can gather input about brand voice, product knowledge, and accuracy before anyone else reviews it.

0 Upvotes
emisola

1. Check people's feedback on the last content I created, correct them if I am to do so. 

2. Check the trends to see if I can create or implement another content.

MH334404

Add steps that were missing into my process and have a clear guideline. 

0 Upvotes
OOyekola

I don't have a process as of yet i hooe to implement what have learnt before getting started 

0 Upvotes
SKP7

aaaaa

0 Upvotes
EGitome
Participant

I think I'll also take the survey appreach this will help. using Google form is an amazing way to do this and on having feedback it will help me improve.

0 Upvotes
SohagKhisa

In my content creation journey, one thing that suffered me most is not having a proper conceptual plan and timeline. Not having them on my board, I am puzzled about which concept I should make content or how I plan for a timeline. After getting introduced to the content creation framework, I have come to know what I have to do to strengthen producing high-quality content. Now I can use them.

0 Upvotes
AniB1

A content Creation framework is the best way how to organize the whole process of creating content. My biggest problem is that I often do not plan a timeline and that makes the process go chaotic.This is a very important step to take the next step. Now that I am informed of its importance, I can start and make a change from it.

0 Upvotes
RHailey5

I typically plan my content 3 weeks in advance but I always manage to post things long after they're relevant. I need to be more consistent with my posting and when a piece of content no longer can serve its purpose I need to learn to cut ties with it or rework so that it works again. 

andresfernandez
Contributor

Thank you for bringing up relevancy. Sometimes we have well thought-out plans weeks or months in advance, but if a piece of content becomes irrelevant (or less relevant) by the time it's meant to be published, it requires re-thinking or even scrapping it altogether. And that's not easy when a lot of work has gone into it.

0 Upvotes
Fortune-Bright
Participant

The hardest part of content writing and creation for me is trying to sum up a truckload of amazing content into smaller bits for consumption. There's just so much to put out. I think creating a timeline, and guideline for content production would help streamline my thoughts and organize what kind of content i create per time. 

TheRealMcCoy

@kara_susvilla thank you for sharing Building a Content Creation Framework. I'm building on my academic knowledge in this subject with the HubSpot Content Marketing course. 

Ways I improve my content: 

• marketing research - educational courses, conversations with college interns, collaborating with other marketers
  • Using surveys on my email listing to gain feedback from my audience

Peace & Blessing, 

Shameka_RheRealMcCoy

samenemhet

for my next content creation i think being. open to more collaborative projects other than video that work well with the video content I already have in production is only going to add a more of an omnipresent umbrella. This is not to take away from the immense value of video content but basically making a more intentional effort to pair video with twitter instagram and other forms of collaboration.

0 Upvotes
NOsagie-Erese

I would improve my content creation process by providing content for the different stages of my buyer's journey and not just anytime type of content. I will also prepare a proper document and match each content with timelines. Finally, I will leave room for flexibility in case new trends come up that I didn't plan for. 

TheRealMcCoy

Love your thought process! Did you download any resources from the HubSpot Academy Content Marketing course? I'm taking the class now. I downloaded "Content Editorial Calendar" and plan to use is for organization structure. 

AOgungboye

One thing I struggle with is planning a timeline. Sometimes, I take a long time to create content and this causes inconsistency. But with this lesson, I will always work with a timeline and stick to that timeline.

Fortune-Bright
Participant

Yeah, I think I can understand the struggle. Here's to defeating that challenge and become better content creators

aloveit

I have room to improve my content creation process in all of the areas listed in the video (conceptualizing, planning a timeline, creating a workflow, reviewing and editing, organizing and storing). The easiest part of content creation for me is conceptualizing and working with initial inspiration for a piece of content but I struggle with the follow through. In a lot of cases the follow through is the most important work in the creation proccess. Most of all, I will benfit from practicing dligence in the creation of process timelines and workflows. learning and practicing planning more in the creation of content makes it easier to produce a consistent product. 

Processing and storing is also a critical part of the content creation process that I will seek to integrate into my work. The benefit of this step is that content that you have made will be readily available to use again or present which renders your team more adaptable and prepared for future endeavors. 

AhsanMalik

For me what matters most is the company goals and consumer / client persona. 

0 Upvotes
JBerrame
Participant

I would start from Ideas then connecting it over to the advocacy and products of the e-commerce site I am working on , then i would write and proof read several blogs before releasing, the more articles I have the more i can assure that I wont be delayed to my target audience.