Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Improving your content creation process

Your content creation process should be something that's clear, repeatable, and organized. It's important to evaluate your process from time to time to see how it can be improved (for you and those you collaborate with).

Before you create your next piece of content, what's one thing you could do to improve your current process? For me, I'm going to create a survey via a Google form and send it to those I collaborate with to get their feedback. The easier I am to collaborate with, the more people will want to work with me.

*To learn more about this, check out the Building a Content Creation Framework lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

4,018 Replies 4,018
MDambach

One thing I need to focus on when creating any type of content is overall organization and planning. I tend to keep the plan "in my head" when starting a project. This often times leads to mistakes, skipped steps and an overall messy end product. I need to create a workflow to keep myself and those I am working with on the same page and organized to be able to produce the best end result.

0 Upvotes
vsandoval9

One thing that I do to improve my current process is remaining consistent and realistic with you I talk to. For example, when I reach out to customers I make sure to be focused on the my motive which is to inform of the products I am selling, but also knowing their text patterns. So if they are an adult I will be more respectful, but if they are around my age or younger I make sure to be up lifting and care free! 

0 Upvotes
JCross5

I like to utilize feedback from customers to determine what is working, what needs work, and what may need to be reevaluated/scrapped. 

0 Upvotes
Jeanofficial

I usually have an actionable tasklist and do standup sprints with teams on the actionable tasks required. 

0 Upvotes
Ridakhan

Having proper knowledge of my own team is definitely important but it's also equally important to know the reasons what and why the buyers can choose any other content writer. I will always keep a good knowledge of the competitions. My way of improvements will reflect a silent message of how choosing my work can be a better option instead of any other in the same industry. 

0 Upvotes
dtomDT

For me, I'll research better for my topic from different sources. I'll gather information about the target audiences like who they are, and what they are looking for, and will coordinate with the team. 

0 Upvotes
Juan7

Make sure the content is done by my own and with team 

0 Upvotes
BIyer
Participant

Feedbacks from various teams working towards content creation , aligning company goals , exploring agile methodoligies for content management framework, explore latest trending words relevant to the content etc.

0 Upvotes
Revathy13
Participant

I want to improve my content writing to better suit the buyer's persona and also be flexible in exploring new areas. Research better and try to provide what my targeted audience is looking for.

0 Upvotes
Olohireme

I'm going to discuss with my manager about our larger company goals and refine our content strategy to make sure we're creating content that will get us closer to achieving these goals.

Olohireme

I'm going to discuss with my manager about our larger company goals and refine our content strategy to make sure we're creating content that will get us closer to achieving these goals 

0 Upvotes
SHabl

I'm going to check in with my team and carefully outline any company-wide initiatives that will need support during the next quarter

0 Upvotes
Max_Stallone

Before I create my next piece of content i'll ensure I have my next 3-4 pieces of content well layed out in order to stay ahead of the curve and ensure my current content will align well with my future content.

0 Upvotes
MReyes9

First thing I'll do is to create a plug and play system outlining the steps I do to produce content. Goal here is to have a repeatable system I can use over time.

0 Upvotes
KIndz

Create a workflow for who needs to do what and create a timeline for when it needs to be done by to avoid late content coming in.

0 Upvotes
TheExplorer1997

I could get feedback from my team.  Just alone, I could have some bad judgement about the effectiveness and clarity of my content, so having multiple reviewers can help me judge my content from an external perspective. After a review, I can make those adjustments and improve my content.

0 Upvotes
SNyaupane

One thing i coulld improved my content by  checked or review my content by readers or personas and take suggestion from them to make improved in my other content.

0 Upvotes
GulayAkballi

Ideation and SEO research
Briefing and outlining
Creation
Review and editing
Approval

0 Upvotes
klam2003

1. Develop a content creation workflow

2. Use a template and checklist

3. Set clear goals and objectives

4. Measure and analyze your results:

0 Upvotes
AArthur-Cande

One thing I know I need to improve on is planning and consistency. I am going to reserach, map out my content before creating to fully understand what exactly story I am trying to tell. Furthermore be consistent I posting. 

0 Upvotes
ARushing

In a non-profit setting where staff typically wears multiple hats I would now consider adhering to the adage, 'Many hands make the work light' and recruit and engage staff members, volunteers, and past clients to help create content and assist with editing.

0 Upvotes