Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Improving your content creation process

Your content creation process should be something that's clear, repeatable, and organized. It's important to evaluate your process from time to time to see how it can be improved (for you and those you collaborate with).

Before you create your next piece of content, what's one thing you could do to improve your current process? For me, I'm going to create a survey via a Google form and send it to those I collaborate with to get their feedback. The easier I am to collaborate with, the more people will want to work with me.

*To learn more about this, check out the Building a Content Creation Framework lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

3,973 Replies 3,973
LStephenson24

I think before I create content I should also get other feedback and see what they are wanting, so that I make content that everyone likes and not just me. 

JSN24

at the moment i write random stuff. i need to have a structure in my articles and define my target audience for each piece.

Pratiksha_Ray
Contributor

I created many creatives as per what I thought people want but that was random.

Learning about buyer personas and journey stages made me understand I can save time and at the same time create even better posts.

I need to create personas and then according to that create content.

Creating a standard workflow template will also help me as a team of 1

Overall imporoving in my organisation would help me a lot.

SClose

Clearly approving / revising / declining / assigning tasks instead of leaving them in "brainstorm" limbo for weeks.

Optimize process for ALL kinds of content. Today, writing isn't enough. Content has to include video and other interactive formats of publication.

MBeard7

To improve my current process, I believe sending it out to my peers to review it, whether critically or in passing, would be much more effective to my process. Apart from that factor, critically reviewing the content that performs well with my audience may be the next best option.

Hanaya

I will need to prepare a better content framework to align with different customer needs and journies. 

0 Upvotes
Mrjealous

As I am of now, the main weakness I have in writing is that I am nnot being able to engage to whom I am writing for. For that to improve I will try my best writing as I am on their shoes.

0 Upvotes
espindeezy

I need to clearly develop multiple personas so that I know who I am marketing to.

Lhea

As a first timer in this digital marketing industry, im so excited and eager to learn more about it. Hopefully once im finish this lessons i will earn alot and it will give me courage and confident to become a content creator 

0 Upvotes
DVasquez6

So am i! It can be very fun but also challenging but i really hope to gain alot of knowledge from this lesson.

0 Upvotes
juzzi
Participant

am a first timer too i hope to learn more too

0 Upvotes
Nahalili

Throughout my years working as a content creator for various companies, I've mainly been transparent about my workstreams and progress. However, I never made the effort to compose file names. After the lesson, I realised that developing a clear naming system for shared drives and folders can easily help your greater team in utilising existing content. This allows your team to save time and effort as well by reducing marketing requests from other internal teams. Moving forward, I'll develop a clear naming system that we can use as a team so that we can all share our content with each other.

Clarav

I would start with recognizing and acknowleding the audience that is my buyer persona.

0 Upvotes
BKimathi3

Improving My Content Creation Process

I would first be understanding the buyer's expectations then work on establishing a clear work plan for my team, and set clear roles/expectations and timelines.

0 Upvotes
DrTaiwo
Participant

I will need to understand my buyer's persona journey and look for ways of generating content ideas before creating my next content

0 Upvotes
Fums-Otoms

Before I create my next content, I will work on understanding my audience and the buyer's stages, then I will use this to organize my content guidelines. I will also try to create content calendars.

0 Upvotes
Anandan

Understanding the buyer journey and framing the content calendar. Defining the content contributors and editors with the timeline. 

0 Upvotes
NIsrael1
Participant

For a starter what's the first thing to do?

0 Upvotes
ARovderová

Before I create the next piece of content, I would like to make a document with calendars due dates so everyone is more organized.

0 Upvotes
BWojnar

Before I create my next piece of content, one thing that I could do to improve my current process is to create a content editorial calendar so everything is more organized and everyone is aware of their role.

0 Upvotes
JRag28
Participant

good post!

0 Upvotes