Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Improving your content creation process

Your content creation process should be something that's clear, repeatable, and organized. It's important to evaluate your process from time to time to see how it can be improved (for you and those you collaborate with).

Before you create your next piece of content, what's one thing you could do to improve your current process? For me, I'm going to create a survey via a Google form and send it to those I collaborate with to get their feedback. The easier I am to collaborate with, the more people will want to work with me.

*To learn more about this, check out the Building a Content Creation Framework lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

4,026 Replies 4,026
juzzi
Participant

am a first timer too i hope to learn more too

0 Upvotes
Nahalili

Throughout my years working as a content creator for various companies, I've mainly been transparent about my workstreams and progress. However, I never made the effort to compose file names. After the lesson, I realised that developing a clear naming system for shared drives and folders can easily help your greater team in utilising existing content. This allows your team to save time and effort as well by reducing marketing requests from other internal teams. Moving forward, I'll develop a clear naming system that we can use as a team so that we can all share our content with each other.

Clarav

I would start with recognizing and acknowleding the audience that is my buyer persona.

0 Upvotes
BKimathi3

Improving My Content Creation Process

I would first be understanding the buyer's expectations then work on establishing a clear work plan for my team, and set clear roles/expectations and timelines.

0 Upvotes
DrTaiwo
Participant

I will need to understand my buyer's persona journey and look for ways of generating content ideas before creating my next content

0 Upvotes
Fums-Otoms

Before I create my next content, I will work on understanding my audience and the buyer's stages, then I will use this to organize my content guidelines. I will also try to create content calendars.

0 Upvotes
Anandan

Understanding the buyer journey and framing the content calendar. Defining the content contributors and editors with the timeline. 

0 Upvotes
NIsrael1
Participant

For a starter what's the first thing to do?

0 Upvotes
ARovderová

Before I create the next piece of content, I would like to make a document with calendars due dates so everyone is more organized.

0 Upvotes
BWojnar

Before I create my next piece of content, one thing that I could do to improve my current process is to create a content editorial calendar so everything is more organized and everyone is aware of their role.

0 Upvotes
JRag28
Participant

good post!

0 Upvotes
MCollins53

I agree. 

0 Upvotes
komal9_0_

Hi

0 Upvotes
DAngarita

Creating a framework can be very helpful in the process of producing quality content

0 Upvotes
AKlein4

I am reviewing our current process and updating the workflow so that I can work more effectively + sharing this update with other content creators on our team 

0 Upvotes
MCox6

Having the right framework or outline is the first step.  Keeping track of what does or doesn't work  helps you improve.  Practicing writing styles helps to sharpen your skills

0 Upvotes
komal9_0_

Hiiii

0 Upvotes
DebraH
Participant

I'm going to work on outlining a workflow for content and finding a system for tracking the workflow.

0 Upvotes
AKaiser6

The Content Creation Framework needs to be created according to the different stages of the buying process and the diverse objectives of the company. Also, it needs to be flexible, especially if you are planning ahead. 

0 Upvotes
RJohnson22

Creating Content Creation Framework is important to help you to organzie your ideas and projects. I learned a lot from the video. I will definitely use a software that will help me to organize my ideas for projects that I am working on this year. 

0 Upvotes
Mommytasking

I'm going to clearly define roles for the reviewal process instead of collaborating on it. I think this will help us meet our timelines more often. 

0 Upvotes