Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Improving your content creation process

Your content creation process should be something that's clear, repeatable, and organized. It's important to evaluate your process from time to time to see how it can be improved (for you and those you collaborate with).

Before you create your next piece of content, what's one thing you could do to improve your current process? For me, I'm going to create a survey via a Google form and send it to those I collaborate with to get their feedback. The easier I am to collaborate with, the more people will want to work with me.

*To learn more about this, check out the Building a Content Creation Framework lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

4,020 Replies 4,020
RashiLucy

I think I should start with a style guide

0 Upvotes
HAhmed1

I'll start the next article with a more clear outline and mind-map before writing so that i get an organized mind when its time to write the main text . This would help me grab ideas and function faster while writing. 

NManchester
Contributor

i like the term "mind-map" - perhaps speaking to SEO as well. 

0 Upvotes
g_higginbothem

I am going to focus on creating a style guide to help with voice and tone consistency in future content pieces. 

0 Upvotes
GZappia

Wonderful comment.

0 Upvotes
KJoyce

For me, I'm going to check what works well or what needs to be improved in our previous process. From there, our team can decide what step we should continue and what action we should stop to achieve our goal. 

0 Upvotes
DJethwani
Contributor

My content creation process will greatly benefit from a more comprehensive workflow and a set style guide to better reach out to my buyer persona

RAl-Jomah

I'll make a clear framework form, read more researchs, articles, sales quastions 

pomobo
Participant

I agree, making a clear framework will definitely improve content creation process

LTra

Get more input from field sales 

asif321

Should have a clear plan and overall structure to improve content creation process. 

0 Upvotes
AJohann

I would read a few blog posts from industry leaders. That would help gain more insight into our ever changing market. I also think that sending out a survey to our customers would be a great way to gain feedback. With the results of the survey, we can then reframe our process and make improvements where needed.

Amrez

I see.

SKporter
Participant

One thing I can do to improve my current process is to create a better more detailed workflow. 

0 Upvotes
Faridat
Participant

Here are some key points to note during content creation.

1. Research your audience pain points and provide clear answers to their questions. In order to adequately solve their problems, visit top ranking blogs in similar niche to observe how they handled the topic, what they covered, and what they didn't.

2. Develop a unique writing style that appeals to readers and consistent with the brand.

3. Write clear, explanatory, and concise articles to assist your audience.

4. Optimize the content for search engine; you don't want to write awesome content that nobody will find on the internet. One of the many essence of storytelling is attracting customers to your brand.

5. If you are collaborating with people, ensure that you draw out a content calendar and workflow.

Daveodis
Participant

Thanks for this, very impacful

0 Upvotes
brunooliveir

I would improve my content creation process by implementing a better content revision control and content storage.

0 Upvotes
GOkediran
Participant

The one thing I could do to improve my current process is to do proper research to know my audience's pinpoints. These pain points will serve as my conflict and it will be spread out on my content creation framework for the project. 

0 Upvotes
MIbitola
Participant

@kara_susvilla wrote:

Your content creation process should be something that's clear, repeatable, and organized. It's important to evaluate your process from time to time to see how it can be improved (for you and those you collaborate with).

Before you create your next piece of content, what's one thing you could do to improve your current process? For me, I'm going to create a survey via a Google form and send it to those I collaborate with to get their feedback. The easier I am to collaborate with, the more people will want to work with me.

*To learn more about this, check out the Building a Content Creation Framework lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

I am going to make detailed research and create a workflow that's realistic like (First draft,Grammatical corrections,Design and infographics )before publishing the content. 

MissP

The one thing I could do to improve my current process is to do online research. Understanding the market's problem. Therefore, before doing a survey both of us are not wasting time. 

0 Upvotes
Emediong

Before i proceed into creating any peice of content i will read other blogs of other persons in my industry so as to gain more insight on how they drive traffic.