Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Improving your content creation process

Your content creation process should be something that's clear, repeatable, and organized. It's important to evaluate your process from time to time to see how it can be improved (for you and those you collaborate with).

Before you create your next piece of content, what's one thing you could do to improve your current process? For me, I'm going to create a survey via a Google form and send it to those I collaborate with to get their feedback. The easier I am to collaborate with, the more people will want to work with me.

*To learn more about this, check out the Building a Content Creation Framework lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

4,033 Replies 4,033
AChaurasia
Participant

Content Creation is all about  4 Cs: Capturing (Research and Planning) > Conceptualizing >  Creating > Cultivating (Analysing and Optimising)

BHarrington
Participant

To improve our current process, I'm going to better organize content per buyer persona need - improving alignment with the buyer's journey.

CSibanda
Contributor

To improve my content creation process, its important that i align myself with the goals of the organisation, in terms of what the organisation wishesto achieve and how they would like to interact with the audience, this way it is easy to tailor make my content to meet the needs of the organisation. The second thing to do is to set clear details on how the peocess is going to go from the conceptualisation stage to the publishing stage. Set deadlines for each stage so that all is delivered in time.
NgocGiau2002
Participant

I'm a newbie and really confused how to create content. But now before any work on that, now I know I'm going to find my buyer's persona and then research them in order to figure out and focus on what kind of content. Content Framework then helps me with my deadlines and tracks to evolve and align with my customers.

spaynter

One thing I can do to improve my content creation process it to refer to my past content and see which ones did well and then see which ones did not. Then collborate with my team to see how we can improve. 

HMorris
Contributor

My goal is to create better reporting for the content we share to analyze better what is receiving the most exposure, what gains the most engagement, and what drives the most conversation. I want to break down content based on release times/dates, type, and formatting, and if it's created in-house or not.

NPhuong1

reevaluate past content together and prepare an improvement plan

PColes
Participant

Create a timeline plan with my team

0 Upvotes
HuyenThanh

I have a lot of content ideas, so I need to determine the content I should focus on, then set the goals for each stage of the process. 

0 Upvotes
ThuyanhNguyen

I will create a proper timeline and set specific goals for each stage of the process.

0 Upvotes
melindagreen
Contributor | Platinum Partner

For a newsletter, i need to identify the two or three exact points we are trying to make, and help writers and editors stick to those points concisely and efficiently. I would prefer not to do a newsletter at all, but change comes slowly for some people.

HMorris
Contributor

I'm curious as to why you would like to move away from newsletters. Are you seeing low open rates, clicks, and conversations or is it something else?

0 Upvotes
melindagreen

Low click rate, plus feedback from recipients that multi-topic newsletters are overwhelming and/or dilute the message with too many options.

HMorris
Contributor

That makes sense. I know that, from a consumer side, I personally don't find a lot of value in regular newsletters. If I'm receiving an email, I am generally looking for a solid reason (ie. important news or curated content that suits my taste (Rothy's is particularly good at getting me here). It's why I've been looking at editing a lot of our email content to better fill a need or want than to just being pushing out our content each month. 

JGonzalezRami
Participant

Yes, if we have to improve the buyers journey

0 Upvotes
TrangPham08

Before you create your next piece of content, what's one thing you could do to improve your current process?

-> For me, I'm going to use my goals to determine what content I need to focus on. From there, map out what content I need to be live. And then, I'm going to think about how I created a piece of content in the past before I had a content framework to avoid these roadblocks which I hit before.

MShaughnessy
Participant

Currently, my team could benefit from clearly defined roles, as there is a little bleed as to "who owns what?".

HMorris
Contributor

I've been on a few teams with this problem, especially in growing companies. Once you have clear roles, anytime new projects or content is introduced it will probably be beneficial to go in and assign each task to help meet deadlines and avoid confusion down the road. Our team is currently using a project management system to break down large projects and easily assign roles (with email alerts built-in!) 

NathanSefa
Participant

I never use to have a buyer persona, but I think it’s something that’s very important to have as part of my main consideration points in my content creation process, so that’s the one thing I’ll add up.
ABhutani
Participant

I work of my own, but timeline and editing that is something I want to focus on.

LivsMediaCo
Contributor

I need to work on creating deadlines and organizing everything where it's easy to find.