Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How can you extend the value of your next piece of content?

It takes a lot of time and energy to create a piece of content. Keeping this in mind, how could you repurpose your next piece of content into new formats? Share with us in the comments below.

*To learn more about this, check out the Extending the Value of Your Content Through Repurposing lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1,060 Replies 1,060
AJohnston8

informational blog posts can be turned into infographics or guides. conversational blog posts can be turned into podcasts or social media posts

NVarnavskaya
Contributor

I plan to turn my long reviews of new company products into short posts about every single item. And then I can publish videos of those goods with short intros.
0 Upvotes
TexasAlice

New formats might be to:

1. Track popular post engagement and update content with more timely information and republish.

2. Turn a blog into a:

a. script

b. talking points

c. instructions

d. video

e. infographic

0 Upvotes
SDudeja

I would repurpose my content by converting them into infographic and a guide like carousel to more consumed by the people
0 Upvotes
Luciangoc_1312

1. Use social media to know more about the changes in my topic. 

2. Adjust contents have been out of date on that topic. 

3. Combine up-to-date information with available content. 

4. Upload it on the new platforms.

0 Upvotes
Torheart
Participant

I will use infographics,vlogs,then a chat box in the blog sites to answer queries or complaints

Then also use visuals and top notch relevant ideas to connect with my audience
0 Upvotes
LTrươngThi

Well i'm thinking of adding images, contents and providing a voice over for my blog, so you can either read ir or listen to it through audio format 

0 Upvotes
LElijah
Participant

Well i'm thinking of adding images, contents and providing a voice over for my blog, so you can either read ir or listen to it through audio format 

0 Upvotes
Phung_Mai
Participant

1. I will adjust the information (up to date information, use synosym,...)

2. Combine information with other topics

3. Add more information and go deeper in each snippets.

0 Upvotes
AfshanKhanzada
Participant

I will repurpose the content in other formats depending on the social media platforms I use. It can be a video on Youtube or a story on Instagram etc.

0 Upvotes
Tú
Participant

I repurpose content as below:

- Add examples, images, guides to help customers easy to follow and read clearly.

- Create interest videos, charts, CTA, chatbox, IG post, podcast and other social media.

- Use keywords effectively to rank posts.

- Learn more about SEO on Google search.

0 Upvotes
Hailinh

I will repurpose content as below:

- Add details, charts , links , examples helps reader can update new informations and clearly understanding.

- Investing video clips, images, IG post, podcasts,CTA, chatbox, and useful contents of mordern trend to increase rank of website 

- Formating properly about Heading, bullet, add or change the most search key words.

- Learn more and update more about how to Google Search change actions to SEO yearly.

0 Upvotes
PATL13

Repurposing blog posts into other formats is a great way to me. Since, by this way, I can expand my blog into other platforms and also reach new audiences.
0 Upvotes
SShaikh6

I have been handling content for 4 different regions of the same brand. So each month, one of the top posts from each account, I have redirected it to the global platform of the brand with a twist in the caption and the general content. This saves my time and also helps me to see the post from a different perspective. 

0 Upvotes
CMattern

We recently created a series of Quick Wins for Insta Stories. This can be compiled into a blog ... and then compiled into a downloadable. The downloadable can become a deck that we use for our new user webinar trainings. 

0 Upvotes
Vika
Participant

We work on Chinese media but need to jungle between western media as well. I would listen to my audience to see what are their pain point and then I would involve some influencers to comment on the blog-post and show a different perspective to tell the same story,

Another thing is to re-post using infographic and add a QR-code to re-direct to the original post.

0 Upvotes
MOmoruan
Participant

Stories on social media are always a good way to repurpose content especially when they remind you it's was "x months/years ago" when you posted a certain video, blog, or other piece of content. It almost gives them a second life so those who haven't seen it get to now.

0 Upvotes
TMilsap
Contributor

I would definitely use various recycling features such as podcasts, YouTube, and other technology to consume content.  I know that sometimes I take in the understanding by listening rather than reading, especially when my environment is not set for reading.

0 Upvotes
AWatkins24
Participant

My university creates a magazine every year with stories about staff and students, my intention is to review past issues of the magazine and post snippets of the top stories on our social media pages, and possibly create a blog as well. We also publish content in our local press every two weeks, that type of content, once formatted appropriately, can also be included in blog posts and social media.

TMendoza

There are several ways, but the ones that stand out to me the most are repurposing content into a video or a podcast since I have experience with the former medium and would find the latter interesting.

0 Upvotes
xortega
Participant

I would repurpose content by:

- Breaking down information in several steps/chapters

- Utilizing new formats 

- Adjusting for posting on new channels that I didn't use before for this content

0 Upvotes