Content Marketing

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

How can you extend the value of your next piece of content?

It takes a lot of time and energy to create a piece of content. Keeping this in mind, how could you repurpose your next piece of content into new formats? Share with us in the comments below.

*To learn more about this, check out the Extending the Value of Your Content Through Repurposing lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

1,044 Replies 1,044
MOmoruan
Participant

Stories on social media are always a good way to repurpose content especially when they remind you it's was "x months/years ago" when you posted a certain video, blog, or other piece of content. It almost gives them a second life so those who haven't seen it get to now.

0 Upvotes
TMilsap
Contributor

I would definitely use various recycling features such as podcasts, YouTube, and other technology to consume content.  I know that sometimes I take in the understanding by listening rather than reading, especially when my environment is not set for reading.

0 Upvotes
AWatkins24
Participant

My university creates a magazine every year with stories about staff and students, my intention is to review past issues of the magazine and post snippets of the top stories on our social media pages, and possibly create a blog as well. We also publish content in our local press every two weeks, that type of content, once formatted appropriately, can also be included in blog posts and social media.

TMendoza

There are several ways, but the ones that stand out to me the most are repurposing content into a video or a podcast since I have experience with the former medium and would find the latter interesting.

0 Upvotes
xortega
Participant

I would repurpose content by:

- Breaking down information in several steps/chapters

- Utilizing new formats 

- Adjusting for posting on new channels that I didn't use before for this content

0 Upvotes
ALemeri
Contributor

Talking to readers or audience to further understand their other pain points. This would allow me produce the same content in other formats like video, podcasts etc while linking them. That would make it fresh.
MPoynton
Participant

Changing content format to suit new platforms. 

0 Upvotes
RTakunda

i can now tweak my content to different formats for that i can share it on different platforms with different presentation opportunities and prospects.

0 Upvotes
chemayon
Participant

I think I will look over every topic we have posted in the last 3 years, and will kind of integrate all into one narrative agenda that will lead into a movement of creating content with information surrounding that particular movement. 

0 Upvotes
BhaskarBisht
Contributor

We can use the several factors for the new content creation :-

• Use of infographic representation 
  • Instagram for a better public reach 
  • Youtube videos regarding the new content 
  • Blogpost 
jtobin
Participant

A You Tube "How to..." video can be repurposed into a video series or tutorial for fans following the channel.  Then additional links can be added to increase subscribers. 

Susu3
Contributor

We can see another edge of content

0 Upvotes
LyanneFisher

Creating a Tik Tok from the blog post, an infographic and a freebie.

0 Upvotes
GMunch

-- I will go back to earlier Instagram posts and see if there are ones to expand upon in blog posts. 

-- I will introduce my content from my website to LinkedIn, which I haven't done at all yet 

-- I will turn my more casually edited high-performing IG videos into better quality, longer YouTube videos, and link those to my website  

KDouglas0

The huge blog post can be turned into a podcast series, an infographic, and a checklist. It already has many links to smaller subtopic blog posts.

0 Upvotes
HOANGPHUONGTRAN
Participant

I repurpose content as below:

- Add details, examples helps reader update new informations and clearly understanding.

- Investing video clips, CTA, chatbox,... and unique contents of mordern trend to increase rank of page.

- Formating properly about Heading, bullet, add or change the most search key words.

- Learn more and update more about how to Google Search change actions to SEO yearly.

0 Upvotes
Somin
Participant

Make sure even the repurposed content looks new for both new and previous audiences. 

Be creative, be detailed oriented

0 Upvotes
AuB

I like the idea of turning blog text into educational videos 

JfMoncada
Contributor

Webinars are so effective even if they are LIVE or recorded. Also, I will use a calendar to plan my weekly content.

0 Upvotes
VMarques

I will use the topics of my Facebook publications with more engagement and I will extend each topic in order to create optimized posts on our website (since we don't have any posts yet). In the future, I can collect some of the blog posts in order to create a guide or a checklist.

0 Upvotes
Yanntyng
Contributor

Existing blog on Pilates for Back Pain can be repurposed by:

- first cleaning it up by putting in more recent photos of the studio/classes or including numbered lists or if there are statistics I may need to check if there are new ones

- creating a video showing simple Pilates exercises to do at home for back pain with CTA to join their Pilates classes in the studio/Zoom

- a checklist of mini changes people can make to their daily lives e.g. how they sit or how much time they spend frozen in a position (the blog talks about bad habits we have in our daily lives that add to back pain) and CTA to join group classes and welcome those who may be new to Pilates and are hesitant

- this client does not have any podcasts/recorded interviews yet and am wondering if it could be a chance to test this by creating a podcast done by one of their instructors sharing their personal story about back pain and Pilates, maybe with a short exercise to guide people to notice their alignment, in the future if this is popular the studio can invite guest speakers etc. CTA is to sign up for classes

- if the timetable of the client allows they can schedule a back pain workshop on Zoom or in studio and we can add this as CTA to the blog

0 Upvotes