Content Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

New to the Content Marketing Study Group? Introduce yourself here ‌⬇️‌

One of the best ways to learn content marketing is by implementing strategies and sharing ideas with other marketers, just like you.

That’s why we’re so excited to create this community of content marketers to learn and grow better together!

To get started, say hello and introduce yourself. Here are some questions to help you get started:

• What's your current role?
  • What industry do you currently work in?
  • What excites you most about content marketing?
  • Do you have a favorite blog, podcast, video series, or newsletter that you would recommend to other content marketers?
  • Any new content that you’re working on right now?
7,576 Replies 7,576
AAlAtrash

Hi, I am Abdelrahman I graduated from law school about a year ago but never really found myself in this whole lawyer profession until I decided to career shift to marketing, at first I was not really familiar that marketing has so many subsections than someone can dive deep into until i fell in love with the conent markting and I finally found myself in it and my true passion , so I took 3 diffrent courses and this is my 4th and currently I am Content Creator at a Startup called Natrify based in Egypt and I really hope to progress even further in this amazing field and improve my skills even more and sorry if i took so long in wiritng wish you all a blessed day.

okonkwuoluchi36
Participant

No need, enjoyed reading your entry. Good morning from Nigeria. I am transitioning also from medicine to content marketing ♥️

0 Upvotes
KaeJames

Hi! I am a nurse by profession and a content creator on a sideline.  I am evaluation of changing a career path by pursuing content marketing either by working on a company or maybe creating my own company.  But I want to learn more about Content Marketing and at least gain knowledge how to become successful in this venture as I am changing from a stable job to this new one. Hope I will find the help that I need to start this career.

Amohamedabdel9

I'm student and I want to learn content writing to increase my skills and work in this field 

0 Upvotes
JHarrow
Participant

Hi, I'm Jude.

I joined the Hubspot academy a couple of months ago to learn how to be a competent marketer here in the third millennium.

Last century, before the age of smartphones and social media, I led a traditional account-based marketing team in the telecoms/tech industry, with a focus on integrated marketing, sales and customer service operations. I left the sector in 2002 to focus on raising a family and we all moved from the UK to Valencia, Spain in 2005.  My youngest daughter turned 18 last week (woohoo) so now I'd like to get back to doing some serious marketing full time.

Apart from the odd freelance project to keep my brain alive,  I've spent the past 20 years quietly observing the development of digital marketing as a user, consumer and occasional content creator.  I've also had fun playing Guess Who with the algorithms to see what content gets thrown my way in response to different inputs on different channels. It's great to be back here on the marketing side of the playing field, and the more I learn the more energised I feel! I'm looking forward to putting some of my new digital skills into practice and sharing experiences with the study group as I go along.

My most pressing challenge this week is to finish an outline content strategy and start writing some initial blog posts in Spanish for a business that teaches people how to use ropes to work in difficult-to-access areas. 

LMcKusky

Hi, I'm Lara. 

I'm currently a marketing associate on a marketing team that is fairly new, handling social media across the US. 

I work in eLearning. I love telling stories and getting customers excited about our product. I am currently working on our newsletter which has been defunct for a few years. 

Happy to be here. 

0 Upvotes
HTruong

Hi everyone,

My name is Anne. I am excited to learn about content marketing. 

Thanks. 

DMontgomery9
Participant

Hi, new here looking to learn about digital marketing and promote my business 

0 Upvotes
AHasan9

hi 

im aysha , im excited to learn new things

abbywillig
Participant

Excited to grow in content marketing! 🍻

MLeaff

Hi Everyone,

This is Mary from Idaho. Most recently I worked for a start up company as their Director of Client Relations but I found myself drawn to helping edit and create new content for the firm. Now I am embarking on a freelance content/creative writing career. I am really looking forward to learning and making new connections here. 😁

0 Upvotes
cgunnin3

Welcome...I'm new here too.  Happy to connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cgunnin3/

0 Upvotes
dfiddler

Hi,

I am a warehouse operative looking to get back into my passion, I might be currently working in the parcel business but I hope to have my own company one day.

Content marketing excites me because you can find your niche and meet like minded people.

If there are any manifestion friends here, go listen to Cami Sophia "with intention"! Such a good podcast. 
Right now I'm working on building my knowledge to start me off from previous experience 

🙂 

0 Upvotes
JKleinberg

Hi everyone
Brand new to HubSpot and these courses, but really excited to dive deeper and learn more. 

I am currently an eCommcerce Brand Manager in automotive, which is new to me.  I spent 15 years in retail marketing focusing on advertising (traditional and digital), customer experince, social media and events.  I was doing a form of content marketing before it was "content marketing".  

I love how the focus is more on story telling and showing the customer, giving them an autherntic POV and giving them a real time perspective of the product.

I need visuals- I love videos, shorts and reels and I appreicate how some podcasts are now adding a video version of their standard pod casts.  Even just watching people around mics talking is more enjoyable than just listening to them without seeing them.

I've recently been given the responsibility of social media and I'm really excited about the potential that comes with this new role.

0 Upvotes
JTaouki
Participant

Hi all, glad to be here. I'm a content creator and instructional designer  @100mentors company. Our mission is to help individuals develop their soft skills and offer them learning opportunities by connecting them with experts/mentors around the world.

I love content marketing because I see it as a mental exercise. How can we empathize with users and talk to them at their own language? How can we create clear and concise messages that can reach users' heart? Nowadays we are all surrounded by millions of stimuli. How can you create a stimulus that will stand out and attract a user's attention. That's a challenge!!

I'm looking forward to meeting you all 🙂

Joanna

0 Upvotes
OVinton
Participant

Hello,  my name is Olivia and I'm from the Boston area. I have recently started my career in Marketing after graduating college and am working in a digital agency as a content strategist.  In my role, I strive to create insightful content that truly helps our readers and inspires innovation. My focus is on writing marketing and website design tactics for other marketers in various industries including technology, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and finance. I am looking forward to joining a group of like-minded individuals to learn from more experienced professionals and share insights and ideas.  

0 Upvotes
Fatimaa1
Participant

Hi, My name is Fatima Abdullahi from Nigeria. I recently joined the web3 space and which I find very interesting and accommodating, so many people in the space who are willing to teach as many people as they can. This has created so many digital jobs online and content writing is one of them. I look forward to learning from everyone here with an open mind. 

0 Upvotes
BCasey8
Contributor

Hello, I'm a seasoned freelance writer and copywriter. Most of my work is in financial services, but I also write in the healthcare industry. I've been doing content marketing for a while, but it's always good to learn something more and see if there are any knowledge gaps to fill.

My favorite websites are Make a Living Writing, Investopedia, the Balance, Bankrate, and the Mortgage Reports to name a few. I read widely everyday.

Currently, I have a few things: two long-form articles and two short articles.

Additionally, I'm working on developing a content calendar and social media calendar to promote my services and website (Little Writing Hen). It's something I've been needing to do for quite awhile, but haven't yet been doing much of it. With my writing business growing, it's time to dive in and start.

Poovamma

Hello there,

I am just starting out as a freelancer and am interested in learning content writing. I have just joined the content marketing course and am looking forward to learning a lot from the course and also from the group of wonderful people out here.

0 Upvotes
NgocHan

I'm currently a sophomore of Finance-Marketing University. My major is Marketing and I'm trying to improve my Content Marketing to get a job. Content Marketing is an important thing for my major, which can help me get more knowledge and always keep-up-to-date with a lot of useful information that I can make the most out of it into my work. 

0 Upvotes
Npolle

Hey there,

As a content writer, I'm always excited about the potential that content marketing brings. Whether it's a blog post, or newsletter, having the ability to create content that can have an impact on my audience is what energizes me every day. At my current job in the content marketing industry, I write press releases, guest posts, gmb articles, and more. I'm passionate about creating quality content that engages my audience and drives them to take action.