CMS Development

costalesja11
Contributor

Use modules as opposed to the rich text block to create the blogs

Hi All, 

I would like to ask , is it going to be possible to use modules as opposed to the rich text block to create the blogs?

I've tried searching for answers, and seems that flexible column that will be use to add, remove, and re-order modules, at the page-level in the content editor is not supported on blog, system page, or email templates.

Also, I've tried using a repeater function as well and it works fine in page type template but not in a blog type template. It only shows one content even I have selected more than one to show in the page. 

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Julie

5 Replies 5
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

hi @costalesja11,

I just tested and was able to create a module with a repeater and it worked in a blog post.

when you built the module, did you select Blog as where you will be using it?

0 Upvotes
costalesja11
Contributor

Hi @dennisedson,

The repeater was actually working in my blog post, but sadly it only shows one content. I followed what was done in this link: https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/tutorial/how-to-create-a-repeater-module-with-hubl. But everytime I select 2 or more modules to print, it only shows one. Not sure if I missed something. I added the repeater module on the blog post template and I already have a selected blog/content to show on it.

Thank you,
Julie Costales

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@costalesja11, mind posting your code from the module?

costalesja11
Contributor

Hi @dennisedson,

Apologies for the super late response! Im not sure what had happened, but I have send my code snippets several times and it wasn't send at all. Smiley Sad. Im not quite sure what had happened. Anyways, I appreciate your quick response on my issue, but we have decided to not use the module and stick on the current implementation of showing the blog post instead. And hopefully in the future there will be enhancements coming for blog templates as we see lots of limitations in implementing it. 

Thank you and Best Regards,
Julie Costales

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @costalesja11,

If you are looking to suggest a functionality that does not currently exist, you will want to create an idea in our ideas forum.

If you are looking to work with a functionality that is available now, can you please include more details around what page you're working on, what you're looking to add to the page (specifically) and any screenshots you have. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes