CMS Development

ElisabettaB

Updates design manager

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

I have just done the last design manager upadates.

Now, I'm creating new sections at my websites, that is online.

Frequently there's a pop-up message that appear:

Schermata 2018-09-19 alle 11.43.04.png

I don't know if I accept to upgrade the changes (that may affect 9 dependents) can create some problems at my page.

Can you help me?

Thank you,

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
tjoyce
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

Updates design manager

SOLVE

hi @ElisabettaB - It's generally best to clone that module and then clone one of your pages that use that module and swap out the module for the cloned one, inside of your cloned page. Then run the upgrade to see if that breaks.

Phew, that's a lot of cloning.

Hope that helps.

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.

View solution in original post

Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

Updates design manager

SOLVE

If you're not making any changes to the module, I would just click on "Cancel" and leave it as is, the module shoudl still work. 

You should only click on "Upgrade" if you need to make any changes to the module itself and yes, there is a possibility that it will break the module so, as Tim mentioned, it's probably best to clone it and work on the cloned version. 

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development / Automation

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Stephanie-OG
Solution
Key Advisor

Updates design manager

SOLVE

If you're not making any changes to the module, I would just click on "Cancel" and leave it as is, the module shoudl still work. 

You should only click on "Upgrade" if you need to make any changes to the module itself and yes, there is a possibility that it will break the module so, as Tim mentioned, it's probably best to clone it and work on the cloned version. 

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development / Automation

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

tjoyce
Solution

Updates design manager

SOLVE

hi @ElisabettaB - It's generally best to clone that module and then clone one of your pages that use that module and swap out the module for the cloned one, inside of your cloned page. Then run the upgrade to see if that breaks.

Phew, that's a lot of cloning.

Hope that helps.

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.