CMS Development

zkilburn
Participant

Site Slowdown Caused by Tracking Pixel

Hello all. I've been informed by our development team, who is focused on reducing page load time across our site, that the HubSpot tracking pixel is resulting in a .8s slow down for page loads. I'm interested to hear:

1. Are there any methods for maintaining the functionality of the tracking element, while also reducing page load times?

2. Could tracking be removed and a third-party service, such as Google Analytics, be used? The GA tracking element is already in place across the site as it is used by other departments.

3. Do any other options besides the previous two exist? What are your thoughts?

Supplemental info, we use a subdomain to host the HubSpot pages (Landing pages, blog, etc.).

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
MKehrer
Participant

Hi there, i just found out that Hubspot Script Loader (impleneted as GTM Tag) is slowing down our page a lot. After seeing this post i wonder if there any new developments. Is it maybe possible to reduce unwanted and unneeded Scripts from the Script-Loader? For example the fb.js from Facebook, which we really dont need. 

NolanE
Participant

We are seeing this in some of our clients pages. The hubspot tracking pixel can take .5s to 3s to render and blocks JS when it does so.

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @zkilburn  

It's not our experience that the HubSpot tracking code would cause that much of a delay in a site load.  Would it be possible to forward a screen shot of the report that shows the delay? Also, could you forward a link to the page in question? 

You can use the Google Tag Manager to insert the tracking code. This would be the only other option at this time.  Find out more about Google Tag Manager here.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
marpa
Participant

hi,

Kindly have a look at the below images. More time is taken by the tracking code than the pages.

hs_track_1.png

Also look at the page below, there you can see the red ticks, there HubSpot tracking code takes more time.

hs_track_2.png

thanks.

zkilburn
Participant

@edjusten thanks for the response, sorry for the delay in reply it took some time to get the reports internally. I've attacehd a couple screen shots below. 

One displaying how HubSpot adds about .5 second to the load on desktop and 2 to 3 seconds on mobile 3G connection.

HS-Load-Times-1.png

The second shows that when the page reloads all of our site content is cached, but not all of the hubspot scripts are, which makes our page reload time a lot longer as well.

HS-Load-Times-2.png

I hope this helps provide some extra detail. Is there something we can do to configure differently, or is this strictly a HubSpot issue? Is it possible to handle page view information using Google Analytics, since that pixel is already running on the site anyway?

Thanks again!