CMS Development

DanBakerCUW
Participant

Reuse choice field in multiple modules?

SOLVE

Hi I'm using a choice field which allows my users to choose from a list of pre-determined CSS classes. These same classes are used on many modules. Is there a way to re-use the same choice field in multiple modules?

Here's an example: Header module, Footer module, Features module - all of these use the same CSS classes for styling the backgrounds. Rather than re-create the choice field three times, is it possible to make it once and then "import" it into each module?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
tjoyce
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@DanBakerCUW - Unfortunately, this isn't possible since you can't nest a custom module inside another custom module and, there's no real good way to create a global dictionary that would be available to all of your custom modules. The timing of the loading of the custom modules vs. the timing of setting the dictionary values would be hit or miss.

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
DanBakerCUW
Participant

SOLVE

For clarity: A feature already exists to "Clone field" within the same module. Basically I'd like to "Clone field" across modules.

tjoyce
Solution

SOLVE

@DanBakerCUW - Unfortunately, this isn't possible since you can't nest a custom module inside another custom module and, there's no real good way to create a global dictionary that would be available to all of your custom modules. The timing of the loading of the custom modules vs. the timing of setting the dictionary values would be hit or miss.

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.

0 Upvotes
DanBakerCUW
Participant

SOLVE

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Cloning fields across modules would make a nice feature. I'll put in a feature request.

stephenkarpeles
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Do we know if this feature was ever added? Thanks for bringing it to light. 

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

I feel like using the theme's settings would be the way to solve for this.

0 Upvotes