CMS Development

HebaSaid
Participant

PageSpeed Optimization Issues

PageSpeed Optimization requires some features to be applied on HubSpot like :

• Enable gzip compression
  • Leverage browser caching

Is there a way to get this implemented ?

As I got speed issues on some of my webpagesand I can't improve them further without those options.

8 Replies 8
boulter
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @HebaSaid, which site are you looking to optimize? If you can share the URL, we can look at which URLs are not compressed or cached. By default, we cache and compress everything we can, so I'm curious which ones you're seeing that don't have that behavior.

HebaSaid
Participant

Hello, Thank you for reply. We have issues on page speed on the desktop version only, for most of our location pages and services pages, I would post link but...(*Spam Alert) here are screenshotsspeed location page.PNG

Services page speed.PNG

0 Upvotes
tomz
Participant

The speed before it was moved to HS CMS is  1.4s (in blue) after moving to the HS CMS it is now 4.8s (in red)

NO GZIP at all?

Compress components with gzip

Compression reduces response times by reducing the size of the HTTP response. Gzip is the most popular and effective compression method currently available and generally reduces the response size by about 70%. Approximately 90% of today's Internet traffic travels through browsers that claim to support gzip.

The site before HS photo #1
Load time
1.41 s
Requests

Page size

2.5 MB

After HS  CMS Photo #2
Load time
4.83 s
Requests
Page size
4.3 MB

The OLD site from the UK

Site before being moved to HS CMSSite before being moved to HS CMS

HS CMS copy of the old site from the UK

https://tools.pingdom.com/#5a7b92ec9a000000

HS CMS site uses 80 more image requests ? 4x the size?HS CMS site uses 80 more image requests ? 4x the size?Told how much faster the HubSpot CMS will be vs the old site.

The OLD site from the UK

https://tools.pingdom.com/#5a7b8710f0400000

HS CMS copy of the old site from the UK

https://tools.pingdom.com/#5a7b92ec9a000000

Please make this right.

HebaSaid
Participant

Hello, Thank you so much for the replay. We have speed issues on our desktop version for all our location pages and services pages. I would paste links put hubspot spams them. www postscanmail.com/services/virtual-mailbox(dot)htmlspeed location page.PNG

Services page speed.PNG

0 Upvotes
HebaSaid
Participant

Hello, Than k you so much for your replies, We have issues on the desktop version on all of our location pages, and services pages ex.: 

https://www.postscanmail.com/services/virtual-mailbox.html

https://www.postscanmail.com/locations/ga/atlanta.html

Services page speed.PNG

speed location page.PNG

Please advice!

0 Upvotes
boulter
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Looking at the results, the compression is missing on resources that are loaded by third parties such web.archive.org, api.mapbox.com, purechat and sharethis.

The brower caching issues are similar. It looks like there are a lot of requests to google maps, trustpilot, facebook, purechat and other services.

Under render-blocking javascript, there's a setting you can turn on to load jQuery in the footer. Make sure you test your page with this setting first as it could break pages if you're using jQuery above the footer.

There's a few others such as Minify HTML and JavaScript, but the larger impact ones are the the top and those are out of HubSpot's control.

0 Upvotes
Jsum
Key Advisor

@HebaSaid,

I wrote the section article that @MFrankJohnson shared, and my opinions haven't really changed on the subject. Hubspot is upgrading it's user experience a lot lately and it seams like the templates we users build are on the list for some time after. I'm pretty sure page speed optimization for users' pages falls within the realm of updates to what the design manager is putting out as apposed to what we are using to build with. It's a been a "problem" for a while, but honestly you would be hard pressed to find a site that scores 100% on any page speed optimizer, and that includes Google's millions of web pages as well. @boulter or someone from the product team would know more about how and what type of compression is applied to your Hubspot pages (gzip), but I'm pretty confident in saying that there is no caching control. Hubspot does apply caching of some sort because when I am working on a blog I have to add queries to the url at times to reset the cache. Others have found this as well. It doesn't do whatGoogle is expecting though and I don't know enough about servers to tell you where the line is.

Need help? Hire Us Here

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

You'll want to read the following threads (at a minimum).

- see How To Improve Poor Landing Page Speed?

- see Speed Su(ks

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot next.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Help find this post quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes