CMS Development

stanyul
Participant

Need help with a zoom slider

SOLVE

Can anyone help me to get this slider to work.  I cannot get the next, previous and zoom buttons to work:: example below

https://tympanus.net/Blueprints/ZoomSlider/

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @stanyul  There were a number of issues that was causing the slider to not work correctly. The main reason the slider wasn't working was because the js files in the source code were relative, meaning the the actual script needed to hosted on the domain. We looked as saw that the scripts were hosted in your file manager, and they should have worked, but the domains were hosted on CDN2. By changing the script urls to the CDN2 format the relative js files are now linked correctly. The slider in the rich text field is working correctly. 

You also had an issue where the preview versions of the page would not scroll (hence had you published the page would not have scrolled correctly).  This is because the “component” css stylesheet you were trying to reference in the file manager was not allowing the page to scroll as the <html> element had overflow: hidden. We removed that stylesheet and the page scrolls correctly.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @stanyul  Can you add further context here? Are you trying to add a slider to you HubSpot pages? If so, can you provide the page where the slider is located? 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
stanyul
Participant

SOLVE

@edjusten  are you currently inside my COS?

0 Upvotes
stanyul
Participant

SOLVE

I'd like to insert it within the body copy.  I can get the first slide to display but the button navigation doest work, nor the zoom.   It's currently on a draft page, not live.  

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @stanyul  There were a number of issues that was causing the slider to not work correctly. The main reason the slider wasn't working was because the js files in the source code were relative, meaning the the actual script needed to hosted on the domain. We looked as saw that the scripts were hosted in your file manager, and they should have worked, but the domains were hosted on CDN2. By changing the script urls to the CDN2 format the relative js files are now linked correctly. The slider in the rich text field is working correctly. 

You also had an issue where the preview versions of the page would not scroll (hence had you published the page would not have scrolled correctly).  This is because the “component” css stylesheet you were trying to reference in the file manager was not allowing the page to scroll as the <html> element had overflow: hidden. We removed that stylesheet and the page scrolls correctly.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

stanyul
Participant

SOLVE

OMG!   Thank you!

0 Upvotes