CMS Development

Chris2

How to make my email responsive?

SOLVE

I'm creating a newsletter from a basic template that HubSpot created to mirror our previous email templates as we made the switch to use them.

I am trying to make the email responsive but right now it's not. In my Outlook preview it formats properly but when I open the email it's not responsive. Someone else receives it in Apple Mail and it's not responsive in either the preview or the actual email when opened.

I went to the Design Manager / Actions / it appears that the template is already responsive.

Suggestions? Most appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
SAU
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, I'm having the same issue as I actually posed the same question to support.

I have created a valid responsive email and have tested this in Mail Chimp and putsmail which renders perfectly. So there is a difference in how Hubspot is posting the mail. 

Either the media queries - breakpoints are not getting recognised, the device is not scaling when it hits smaller devices or Hubspot is stripping out code before it hits devices.

His response was try the fourms or either use Hubspot templates

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
SAU
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, I'm having the same issue as I actually posed the same question to support.

I have created a valid responsive email and have tested this in Mail Chimp and putsmail which renders perfectly. So there is a difference in how Hubspot is posting the mail. 

Either the media queries - breakpoints are not getting recognised, the device is not scaling when it hits smaller devices or Hubspot is stripping out code before it hits devices.

His response was try the fourms or either use Hubspot templates

0 Upvotes
Chris2

SOLVE

Hmm, we're both stuck. I got on the Chat and they couldn't figure it out. Pointed me to the forum also. I submitted an email query yesterday and hope to hear back today. It is really an issue and should be a really simple thing to figure out I would expect. I've also used Mailchimp and others and it's been very easy with them.

Thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one!

0 Upvotes