CMS Development

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Get Content from custom module on page into blog post template

SOLVE

Hello all,

I am building a blog for a site.  The client wants the sidebar of the post page to contain upcoming events. 

The events page that they have now is not a blog; instead,it is a page with a custom module. 

Custom module runs a for loop to add the events.  (big fan of this additional functionality btw 🙂 )

Is there a way to pull the events created by that custom module on the events page into a blog or any other page for that matter

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
tjoyce
Solution
Recognized Expert | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@dennisedson - unfortunately you can't pull data from other pages if the data was added by a page. If the data is statically related to the custom module, as in, you add events using the custom module editor in the design manager, then, yes, you can do it that way. Or else, you're stuck adding that custom module to your blog and recreating the events. 

I would almost just create a whole new blog just to feed that event information into your blog. Even if you don't use the listing and individual templates to show that to the public, it might be a nice way to manage that section in your blog, none the less.

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
tjoyce
Solution

SOLVE

@dennisedson - unfortunately you can't pull data from other pages if the data was added by a page. If the data is statically related to the custom module, as in, you add events using the custom module editor in the design manager, then, yes, you can do it that way. Or else, you're stuck adding that custom module to your blog and recreating the events. 

I would almost just create a whole new blog just to feed that event information into your blog. Even if you don't use the listing and individual templates to show that to the public, it might be a nice way to manage that section in your blog, none the less.

If this answer helped, please, mark as solved 😄

tim@belch.io | forms.belch.io | Design your own Beautiful HubSpot Forms; No coding necessary.

Drop by and say Hi to me on slack.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

I was afraid of that. 

Thanks, as always, for the speedy reply. 

I will, begrugdingly, mark this as solved 🙂