CMS Development

marianberry
Contributor

Email template hyperlink styling error

Hi all-

I have added styles to some of the hyperlinks in an email template I'm working on using hubspot-inline-css in the head of the template. I've also tried using inline styles for the individual modules. I've also tried making it "stick" by using !important; in my CSS code but every time I go to create a new email with the template and delete the text and add new text, it reverts to standard hyperlink text-decoration and to what I'm assuming is HubSpot's default styling for such.

Is there a way to set the hyperlink styling in the template so that the formatting is preserved? This is a project for a client and I'd rather not have to do a work around by starting to type into the center of the filler text and delete the other text around it. Seems like there should be more permanent solution. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @marianberry the Community are best able to help when they can view/access the page you are working on. Are you able to share a link to the preview/live version of the page?

marianberry
Contributor

0 Upvotes
marianberry
Contributor

It is these two sections:

"Get Organized for Moving Day with Free Printable Box Labels"

"Download Printable Labels"

0 Upvotes
Gonzalo
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hey @marianberry,

I have been struggling with newsletter for so long too 🙂

Double check the documentation of hubspot-inline-css. There are two ways to manage the inline CSS, as you are using the drag&drop instead the coded file you need to use the data-hse-inline-css instead the ID for the style. Right now you have two styles with the ID and probably thats the issue.

If even using correctly the hs-inline-css doesn't work to you, you can try also with some more specifyc styles:

<style type="text/css" data-hse-inline-css="true">

.rss-feed .hs-rss-description a{   /** CSS HERE **/ } </style>

Good luck!
Gonzalo

If this answer helps you to solve your questions please mark it as a solution.

Thank you,

Gonzalo Torreras

HubSpot freelance developer

hola@gonzalotorreras.com
www.gonzalotorreras.com
Schedule a meeting
0 Upvotes
marianberry
Contributor

@edjusten Any input on this one?

0 Upvotes