CMS Development

AmandaR_Arbill
Participant

Edit an existing popup modal that I did not install

SOLVE

Hi,

I am a beginner at html but know enough to edit the code if I can find where it lives in HubSpot.

I have this popup modal that a previous employee placed on our company website on this  page about half way down the page. It says "Make 2017 Your Safest Year Ever". Once logged in to Hubspot, I went to that webpage, opened the link to it, scrolled down until that modal showed up and right clicked to "Inspect" it. I found the section of the html code that contains the wording/message that I want to edit. All I want to do is change both "2017" references to say "2018". I right clicked within the code and selected "Edit HTML", changed 2017 to 2018 and clicked until the text blinked to lock the change. On the actual modal on the left side of the screen, I saw that the change was made. If I clode the "Inspect" window and refresh the page, it changes back to say 2017 in both places within the message. Is it correct to assume that the actual pop-up modal was made using a 3rd party program/app and is why I can not edit the code? Or do I need to know exactly where that code lives (header, footer etc) and edit it in there? I looked for over an hour and can not find where this thing lives. I am also a beginner to code and do not write html but can make minor changes. Can anyone help or atleast tell me where it lives by looking at the source code? Any tips or advice on how to just change both 2017s to 2018 within the message on the front of the popup modal? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AngelaHicks
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @AmandaR_Arbill,

That modal isn't coded onto the page -- definitely why you've been having trouble tracking it down! The modal is a tool in HubSpot that's called "lead flows."

To modify how this displays on the page, log in to HubSpot, and navigate to Content > Lead Flows from the top drop down. Hover over the lead flow called "Schedule a Safety Call" and the edit actions button will let you modify how this is working. 

I hope this gets you moving in the right direction! Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
AngelaHicks
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @AmandaR_Arbill,

That modal isn't coded onto the page -- definitely why you've been having trouble tracking it down! The modal is a tool in HubSpot that's called "lead flows."

To modify how this displays on the page, log in to HubSpot, and navigate to Content > Lead Flows from the top drop down. Hover over the lead flow called "Schedule a Safety Call" and the edit actions button will let you modify how this is working. 

I hope this gets you moving in the right direction! Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best,
Angela | HubSpot Academy
AmandaR_Arbill
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much! Your instructions were perfect and now I learned something new. 

0 Upvotes