CMS Development

andreistoica
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Custom module

Hi,

I have created a custom blog module that I want to use to store some aditional information about every blog post. I included this module in the header of the blog post page. Now let's say in the module I have a field called 'event_date'. I want to display this field from the module in my blog post page.

How can I do this ?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
valerajoey
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Custom module

you can access any field inside the custom module through
{{ content.widgets.module_idxxxxx.body.field_name }}

0 Upvotes
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

Custom module

Hi there!

When you create a field in a custom module you can click on Copy > Copy Snippet to copy the field: 

copy-snippet.png

When you paste that snippet into the HTML + HubL section of your module and preview it, you should see the data you've input into that field in the preview: 

date.png

Using that module in a template should display the same information that you can see in the preview. 

I hope that helps!

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

0 Upvotes
andreistoica
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Custom module

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer, but that wasn't exctly my question. 

Inside the module I know that I can use the variable by:

{{ module.event_date }}

But if I include that module in a template, how can I use the variable inside my template ? ( not in the module itself ).

0 Upvotes
Stephanie-OG
Key Advisor

Custom module

Apologies for any confusion! If you add the module to a template and click into it, when you scroll down you should have the option to set information in the template: 

content.png

At the page level you'll also have a similar option: clicking into the module will let you update it on the left-hand side (this doesn't apply for blogs since everything is done at the template level).

Stephanie O'Gay GarciaHubSpot Design / Development

Website | Contact

If this helped, please mark it as the solution to your question, thanks!

0 Upvotes