Can you setup local development on HubSpot CMS? - SASS / LESS?

SOLVE
HubSpot Employee

HubSpot hosted a CMS Developer AMA on July 25th 2018. This question was submitted and the first reply is what the panelist and audience chat responded with. (view the full AMA here)

--------------------------------------------

These (similar) questions were asked in our CMS Developer AMA: 

1. Is there a way to use SASS/LESS within the Hubspot design tools code editor?
  2. I would like to incorporate my development tooling into my Hubspot workflow for templates and custom modules including the following:
    • Version control using Git
    • Integrating front-end build tools like Babel, Typescript, SASS, Post-CSS, or webpack
    • Automated deployment and testing (ansible)
    • Local development environment with hot reloading
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Product Team
0 Upvotes
7 Replies
HubSpot Product Team
0 Upvotes
HubSpot Employee

For those watching the CMS Developer AMA video that @anthonypizzurro posted on this thread - Anthony was nice enough to share the HubL Macro Helper sheet he walked through in his answer.

• Check it out here
  • Please keep in mind - this is a community-created resource and is not officially supported by HubSpot -and- might be a bit dated. But still super helpful. Enjoy!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I recently created this amd have been using this for my development:

https://github.com/Absanater/hubspot-frontend-local/

Its just something I have made on the side so hasnt had to omuch put into it but it allows for deployment of Sass and Es6 to hubspot design manager via gulp. I have also added a browsersync proxy to test out pages as you are developing. Not sure if its any help but thought I would just drop it off incase anyone found it useful. 

Cheers!

HubSpot Employee

nice @RyanAbsalom! That's awesome to see. Thanks for sharing on GitHub! ... would it be possible for you to record a short video walkthrough of you making some updates via your local setup? ... I know folks love seeing real examples of usage. Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Luke,

I have recorded a small clip showing how to work with this environment. I dont really have a lot of time to make such more than that but I hope it helps Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmyBlPf_I6w

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Employee

Thanks so much @RyanAbsalom! This is great. I know the folks following/viewing this thread will find this stuff helpful. I"m working on getting a few more examples over the next month... so make sure to keep an eye here for more ideas. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

No problem @lukesummerfield. Its looking likely I will be working a lot more on some hubspot development in the coming months so If I add improvements I will make sure to keep it updated!

0 Upvotes