Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

BoRay

Set a contact to offline source

SOLVE

I created a form for a mattress store that the sales people use in house.  This form is never seen by a customer; the sales person fills it out.  At the end of the form, after gathering all the information, the last thing the sales person does is sets the lifecycle statge to either a MQL if the customer did not purchase a mattress, or a customer if they did purchase a mattress.  The problem is, since they are filling out a form on the website, it screws up my marketing performance.  What I would like to do is to make it so that every time this form is filled out, it gets set as an offline contact.  I can't see anyway to do that.  Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BoRay

I'm not aware of any way to manipulate the value that HubSpot puts in the Original Source property. 

I realise that using marketing forms lends some control to the way salespeople enter data but, as you describe, it isn't ideal. 

Preferably, your salespeople would enter contacts using the new contact form directly in the portal.

HubSpot has improved this form recently so that you can configure which properties are required when creating new contacts, which can limit data entry errors. More info on configuring that form can be found here: How can I set required fields for creating contacts, companies, and deals in HubSpot?

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BoRay

I'm not aware of any way to manipulate the value that HubSpot puts in the Original Source property. 

I realise that using marketing forms lends some control to the way salespeople enter data but, as you describe, it isn't ideal. 

Preferably, your salespeople would enter contacts using the new contact form directly in the portal.

HubSpot has improved this form recently so that you can configure which properties are required when creating new contacts, which can limit data entry errors. More info on configuring that form can be found here: How can I set required fields for creating contacts, companies, and deals in HubSpot?

Hope that helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes