Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

rajesh

New Property Group

SOLVE

Hi,

I am new to HubSpot and need help!

I have created a new property group for companies and added properties to it however i am not able to view the newly created property group within any company profile! 

How can i make this property group visible on the company profile section?

Kindly Help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Raj

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

New Property Group

SOLVE

Hi @rajesh

First, I would like to check something. There are two separate property areas for contacts and companies. Can you check that you created your new properties in the companies area?

Contact Properties   HubSpot.pngIf you did, you should be able to click 'Manage Properties' on your company view and add your customer properties to the main 'About' view. 

Hope that helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

New Property Group

SOLVE

@rajesh all contact, company and deal properties will appear in the record's About section. Learn more about organizing properties here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts-user-guide-v2/how-to-use-contact-property-groups

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
MeganReid
Participant

New Property Group

SOLVE

I had the same frustration after spending a ton of time creating a new property group, expecting it would appear as a NEW collapsible section on the contact record. Much to my disappointment after reaching out to support, I was informed that any new contact property, regardless of group would appear under the contact's About section. VERY DISAPPOINTING. What is the point of being able to organize the groups in the settings areas if this same organization cannot be seen on the actual contact record?? Hubspot, please add this as a functionality!!!

agi_sob
Participant

New Property Group

SOLVE

This is so crucial for us, too! Why wouly you be able to create property group if you cannot display it for users on contact page? Im confused. 

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

New Property Group

SOLVE

- see Examples of when to use "Property Groups" for the #1 advantage to using Property Groups.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Phil_Vallender
Solution

New Property Group

SOLVE

Hi @rajesh

First, I would like to check something. There are two separate property areas for contacts and companies. Can you check that you created your new properties in the companies area?

Contact Properties   HubSpot.pngIf you did, you should be able to click 'Manage Properties' on your company view and add your customer properties to the main 'About' view. 

Hope that helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
rajesh

New Property Group

SOLVE

Hi @Phil_Vallender,

Thank you much for your assistance, i am able to use the properties now.

However the properties appear in the About Section! is there a way i could have a different section for this property group? Please see image below:

Property GroupProperty Group

PS: I am useing the free version of HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
ShiraOsdoba

New Property Group

SOLVE

Hey! 

I am trying to add information on the left side on the user page where it says About Us, Deals, and Companies. How do you make a new category like you did called "contacts"? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

New Property Group

SOLVE

@ShiraOsdoba this article that I linked to above explains how to create new property groups: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts-user-guide-v2/how-to-use-contact-property-groups#how-to-creat...

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

New Property Group

SOLVE

@rajesh all contact, company and deal properties will appear in the record's About section. Learn more about organizing properties here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts-user-guide-v2/how-to-use-contact-property-groups

0 Upvotes